Saturday, April 5, 2008

Great Wolf Lodge


I posted my pictures out of order....Scroll down for the description of where we are below........
This is part of the Beartrap landing kiddie area. Brody and Kennedy got a kick out of this area and Kennedy loved getting dumped on by the lifeguard waterfall (below). This is the way they large 4 man tubes get taken to the tippy top of the Howlin Tornado ride (up the blue conveyer belt to the right). The first time I went down was at night with Griffin. It was pitch black because the actual tube is outside. I couldn't see anything and no idea a HUGE drop off was coming, plus I was sent down backwards. I was hanging on and screaming for dear life. No wonder Camdyn started crying when I told her I wanted her to come down it again with me. One time for her was enough. I made Griffin go down again with me right before it closed since the line was shorter. He was freaked out to go backwards to....luckily a third party on our float took it for the team.




Those of us that reside in the NW know that there is not alot to offer in the theme park/water park arena. Could that have anything to do with the rain that falls 10 months out of the year? This theme hotel opened up two weeks ago and we thought we'd check it out over the break. It's called Great Wolf Lodge. Guests that stay overnight are given passes to the huge indoor waterpark for 2 days. It took only 90 minutes to get there, and was completely sold out. It's a very large lodge and carries the outdoor "wolf" theme quite charmingly inside and throughout the waterpark. There is nothing quaint about the surroundings outside the resort itself and of course anything to purchase inside the lodge is about 3 times as much. I packed up half the fridge (big surprise) since we had no idea what would be near the lodge. I made lunch, dinner and breakfast for us all (I was pretty creative with using the microwave to warm the yummy foods I'd brought from home). We did venture out to DQ for dessert ( I thought of you Jamie :>)

The first day we got there at noon and played/swam with a break for dinner, arcades and dessert, then back down till closing 10 pm.




For an indoor park I was impressed with the largeness of it all. There is a wave pool, a darling kiddie area, a HUGE 4 story tree house Waterfort (above) with 2 medium size waterslide and a 1,000 gallon Tipping Bucket. That is what is coming down on the kids above. My favorites were the double tubes we took we took the kids down in on the larger tube slides, and the Howlin' Tornado Adventure Ride.
We're glad we came during this Spring Break since the weather was crappy-ola.....But this place is not cheap and a ton can be saved by coming mid-week and not during Spring Break. Luckily with Todd's schedule that is not a problem for us :>

13 comments:

Annie said...

Fun/fun times. The northwest deserves something like this. I'm glad you discovered it and had a grand time.

Lee said...

way to pack your own food! you're a girl after my own heart! it sickens me to spend money at restaurants on the fam!

Lindsey said...

That sounds way fun! I want to know what "expensive" is. How nice to be able to do family trips where you and Todd are having fun too, and it's not just for the kiddies.

Jamie Jo said...

I am so jealous! That place looks awesome! And it looks like something all my kids would like. That is hard to find when you have all the ages I do.

Dannielle said...

How did you even find out about that place? Camryn and Taylor would love it...I have to check it out.

Lindsey said...

I thought I would respond here and help you push past Lee's "10 comments" record. You probably wouldn't like Bangkok Chef, it's not the same. Thaifoon at the Gateway is definately worthy. Sara made some yummy times musily, almost as good as My Dream's, except it didn't have a side of giggles upon delivery. I am coming to Oregon August 23rd thru the 31st. But if we are to do something it would need to be the 25th or the 26th, that Monday and Tuesday.

Hunter said...

Stacy!!!!- Do I remember you? haha, I use that joke too sometimes. Of course I remember you. I remember you're REALLY white teeth at the liberty family reunion. Awkward? Probably. I graduate from BYU this month and I got a job in medical sales in SLC. So i'll be staying in Utah for a little bit. As for Texas....never will i live there. Aubrey has another year and a half and is advertising major. I dont' know if i got all your questions or not but I hope you're doing well. Your kids are adorable, I really only remember Griffin who I always thought was cute. And Todd who is 7 years older than you and a fireman. I remember more but I probably will come off creepy. When are you coming back to Utah to visit?

Stacey said...

Hunter, you are hilarious. Good for you Skeen Boy for graduationg from the Y! You have a good memory! I get the white teeth thing a lot. I was lucky to get the Skeen genes for straight teeth too....although I hold grudges about other genes that came from the Skeen side as well. We come to Utah every summer, usually in August. We will be in Liberty the end of July and in Provo for a short stint Aug 6-9th or so. How many times have you been to the Liberty compound? How far apart are you and Micheal? I remember him as a little pain when we were younger. I haven's seen that boy in ages!!

Nicole Jackson said...

It looks like you had a fun spring break! That is so you to bring all your food with you, but hey you probably saved tons of $$! Also what's up with your 19 miles? I'm tired reading that and feeling like a slacker!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Skeen's said...

That place looks just amazing. I am so glad that you got to spend some family time there. your kids are just darling. I hope that we get to see you guys before too long because it has been far too long!!!

Steph said...

I've heard about the Great wolf Lodge. We'll have to try it some day. Looks like fun.

Camille said...

Stacey--I know you! My sister is married to Brian and you know my husband's cousins the Dustins, small world!--I met you many years ago! I have to say you have an amazing Mom! I love her blog and all her great wisdom for living a good life. Good for you for doing a half iron man--my husband is training for one as well. Best of luck and thank your Mom for sharing so much positive karma! Camille