Sunday, May 4, 2008

Ellsworth worth-y


For the last 3 years I have been pining for a new bike. I think mom, dad, and Todd all agreed after Ironman that I had outgrown the bike I was riding. Still, with 90% of the triathletes on their $4000 Cervelo's and Kestrels, I felt pretty good about my abilities passing many of them on my $5oo Felt! My cousin Tony Ellsworth designs and manufactures Ellsworth bikes. He lives in California but his plant happens to be here in Vancouver. Ellsworth Trail Bikes are the Rolls Royce of off road bikes. High end and beautiful to look at. The names alone draw me to them....Epiphany, Truth, Oracle, Evolve, Witness. Too bad trail riding isn't my thing.

Since road biking is my thing, Tony persoanlly built up a road bike for me. It has been a process and lucky for me our weather hasn't been nice, so it's been worth the wait! Tony shipped it, I had it built up locally and then had a 4 hour fitting process! My friend Barb and I did the Ride around Clark County 70 miles. Riding with friends is so much more enjoyable than doing it on my own. She is training for a halfiron in Hawaii this month and Ironman Florida following, therefore always looking for company. It was my first test ride on the bike and I loved it. One minor adjustment still needs to be done.
To any of my Skeen cousins thinking cycling might be in their future this one rides like velvet....and the family deal didn't hurt matters either :>

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm frightened to see your mad skills on a bike that is actually up to your level.

Lee said...

no one deserves the best bike more than you! i love that you did so well in the ironman on your felt which is a twin to mine :)

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you finally got your bike! That is awesome!