Monday, June 30, 2008

Harmony Huskies



I'm finding it more and more difficult coming to terms with the fact that my kids are just going to grow up. It's a simple fact that I've known all along. Each new year in school marks one year closer to them growing up and growing away.


Both the kids had great teachers this year. Camdyn had team teachers. We loved Mrs Esser! The last day Cammy found out she and Cambree were once again going to be in the same 3rd grade class....that makes kindy through 3rd for those two! Look how happy they were :>

This is another sad tale. Mrs. Nicols was Griff's 1st grade teacher and our neighbor. She and Jeff moved to California the last day of school. We've known them for 5 years and they've been the best neighbors....had us over to roast smores, took the kids for the day when Brody was born, airport pickups....not to mention the wierd items I would borrow on a regular basis.....usually spinach lettuce or ice cream, depending on my mood for the day. With no kids of thier own my favorite line of Jeff's when helping us unload from a Costco trip was "I wouldn't even know what to do with this much cheese"....let alone the 8 gallons of milk. We packed them a roadtrip bag of goodies and came out to wave goodbye. Rebecca said that did her in and she cried for the first 50 miles.
















Griffin has been at Harmony since Kindergarten. We went to his 5th grade graduation from Mrs. Tendler and Mrs. Johnson's class and I saw all the kids he has grown up with. Caleb Browning who is also in our ward is probably his best chum. They were baptized on the same day and have known eachother since 1st grade. It is hard to imagine him amongst all those middle school "punks" as I like to call them. Harmony has been such a great growing and learning environment for Griffin. Yesterday the girls and I were biking past on our daily ride and I started crying knowing Griffin was never going to walk through those doors again. It seemed like it would take so long for him to move his way around the building (kindy on the south side to 5th on the north). And now it's done.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Tell me about it!!!
Does this mean yur computer is fixed? I pray so:)

Lindsey said...

That does make me so sad to think about Griff moving on. Aren't you so glad you still have little Brody Boy? Think how sad this would all be if you Kenna was your last. I can't even imagine what it would be like to love your neighbors and have good relationships with them, must be nice.

Jamie Jo said...

You are SOOOO lucky to have kids that like school.