Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gorge-eous

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of having a house with a white picket fence set on a lake. Well, I married a Lake, but I still don't have that house with the picket fence. A few years ago I visited the site of a friends' new shop 25 minutes from where we live on Mt. Pleasant up the Columbia Gorge. I fell in love with the setting, the outbuildings and of course Linda's flair for decorating making it look like a little piece of heaven on Earth. A few years back the Markov's sold this property and moved their shop/shows to Texas. Very disappointing. Now 2 years later it's back on the market and at a very reduced price (as are all the homes here it seems). This was built in the early 1900's as the Mt. Pleasant School. Since then a newer school has been built right across the street and this 2 acres sits pretty much alone....unless you count the Mt. Pleasant Cemetary right next door. My kids said "this place is spooky", when we pulled up. Yeah, I'm thinking all those nights alone when T is at work would be a little on the scary side.
The kids and I were heading out for a hike up the Northside of the Gorge and stopped to take a peek inside the barn and her old shop which were unlocked. This has got to be one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen with the Columbia River Gorge right out the back door.
This property is brimming with possibilities. If it weren't for the commuting and price of gasoline I think I could have some fun living in the sticks. There's the barn, the shop, (the old school gymnasium) and a 4200 sq. ft home. But I hate to drive when we can ride our bikes AND where would I run?

The house came alive when Linda and Ludmill moved in and renovated. A tribute goes out to Linda in these following shots when they lived in this home..... One of the most talented women I've ever known and privledged to work with at a few of her sales.
The school house sunroom/dining room.


Several flea markets were held at Willownest throughout the year and they were FABULOUS!
South side of the Barn and Potting Shed and more shots of the property below, with tents set up for various antique vendors.







5 comments:

Ashley May said...

That was fun a couple years ago (can you beleive it has been that long?) when we went to Willownest. I have already put up some halloween decorations because I just love my little halloween banner. I want to enjoy it as long as possible! So didn't "Willownest" turn into "Barnhouse"? Have you been? Is it cute?

Stacey said...

No, I'm pretty sure that is out in Battleground. I haven't been but heard it's pretty neat. I forgot about my little banner! That was a fun day.

Lindsey said...

Wow, you've had a few posts since I last looked. Your labor day looked fun, sorry we never hooked up. Phantom was very fun and the perfect gift. This house is amazing! It makes me sad to think of you moving, but I know if you do move it will be one magical, worthy place.

Kylee said...

This house is so pretty! How close/far away is it from your current house? That would be such a fun place to live!

Debbie said...

Stac!!!! Wow, it was sooo good to hear from you. I have had so much fun catching up on things with your mom! This is why I can't bring myself to go private on the blog. I have loved reading all about your family and what you are up to. You and Annie have seem to have a lot in common. She is a runner too and has done a half triath. as well. She is the photographer that took all of the pictures for Christina. Do you remember when we did a 20 yr. reunion for YW? I was thinking of that the other day and how we are now nearly at that 20 yr mark if we aren't already. Wouldn't it be fun to all get together? As I recall you wanted to be a writer. What a fun group of YW you all were. Great memories!!! Let's stay in touch!!!