Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cookies are a few of my favorite things....

This post is dedicated to Camas Mom (Janna)!
One might also wonder what the heck I'm doing up so late! Cleaning, picking up, and laundry in the peace and quiet one can only find when all kids are in bed. Sometimes sacrificing sleep for cleanliness and order brings me more fullfillment. Then again, 5 hours of sleep goes by pretty fast!
Anywho....tonight my friend Lori had her annual cookie exchange. She is the queen of all parties. From the appetizers to the ambiance, to the prizes and goodies to take home. When I was getting my stuff together Todd said "They're just cookies".....meaning, why go to so much work? Because Lori makes all this effort FUN! She asks us to bring 6 doz. cookies, display them and dress in holiday attire. I tried to dress to match my display.
This was hilarious. Lori called it "naughty and nice". Naughty won for Best Attire (you can't see but they light up). I won Best Display.....

And for the overall Cookie Queen. Yay! Lori gave me a crown and this Queen apron. I LOVE aprons. Thanks goes out to Amy's Wings, Grandma Mayme's mollasses cookies and too much Christmas decor'! Lori, is the Queen of thoughtfulness and flare! Everything she touches turns to gold.




7 comments:

Lee said...

Hurray for G. Mayme molassas cookies! Did you get the recipe figured out? You must have- or you wouldn't be the cookie queen you are.

Lindsey said...

Oh I'm so glad you did a quick post. I wanted to call you last night at midnight to see how it went. The outfit is too cute and I want to be friends with Lori. No doubt your prize basket was just delightful. How many other girls came?

tutus n bowties said...

What a fun night! I love seeing and hearing about creative ideas and this party defiantly went to the top. You made a pretty angle, and smart move with the molasses cookies. Your kids are to cute...I love that getting the retainer out made it on Camdyn's wish list. Also, that tree is amazing! I got the chills when I got to that pic.

Annie said...

Kid, I have GOT to get out of this boring valley. I loved seeing your display and costume. How fun for you. It's WHO you know that makes like fun:)

Ashley May said...

Your display and costume looked awesome (I knew they would of course..) It was no surprise that you won! I have tried many of your cookies but never the molassas.. they look yummy though!!!!! Like "Linny" said.. that prize package looks awesome! What a cute apron!!!!!!

Trace Skeen said...

Was that really a costume. I often times think of you with wings. You are very special with a special family. I love how everyone makes positive comments on blogs...it's so uplifting (with the exception of complaints about where one might live). What a great service for Lori to host such an event that gives everyone something to look forward to.

The Morgans said...

You are so Talented Ms. Stacey!