Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vegas Vacation

Last week I flew to Las Vegas with my sister's, mom and dad. Some of these pictures are in random order, because I took them off the girls' blogs.
Each night we'd stay up late playing cards and we all bought a prize for the winner. Sara won my prize which was $5 worth of slots. She won $4.00. Or should I say, she lost $1? Not bad.Went to a movie.
Ran 18 miles from the Hilton out to the Red Rocks where the fam met me at the entrance and we went on a beautiful and steep hike.


This is the inside of the Phantom Theatre at the Venetian. We were upgraded to awesome seats!


The real reason we were honored to be here was to be able to attend the American Ambulance Association Awards Ceremony at the Hilton in Las Vegas where our father was awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Only the 3rd of this award presented in the last 15 years. Currently he is the Director for Global Operations for American Medical Response. What this means is that he travels to India, Trinidad and other far-off places to help establish medical/ambulance services in these inadequately prepared countries. His knowledge and expertise in this field were made even more evident as we heard the many tributes given in his honor this evening. I'm pretty bugged this picture of us girls turned out blurry! Below, dad receiving his award from the current President of the Association. During one of our 3 night stays mom and dad took us to see Phantom at the Venetian. This theatre was awesome and the sets spectacular. Loved it, loved it! Sara and I were accused of being twins several different times. We just go along with it. It's actually quite funny, especially when they think we're identical! Now that I don't see.

Dining before the show.

We stayed a couple blocks off the strip so this night we walked and walked and walked down to Cesar's Palace to dine and shop and took a taxi back to our hotel where we played cards until very late. We took advantage of the Hilton Awards Member Spa, hiked the Red Rocks, and did some shopping. I was able to sit out by the pool before the plane trip home. 70 degrees feels real nice this time of year.
Went to Cheesecake Factory the first night for dinner. I love being with my sissy's again. Just like old times. And yes, there is still teasing and just being girls.

5 comments:

Lee said...

What a fun vacation you all had- and how nice for Trace to have his five favorite girls there. Way to get a long run in too.

do you think you and Sara or Kylee and Jessica look more like twins? Check out Kylee's latest post.

Lindsey said...

Thanks for posting these, now I can steal them for my own blog. That was really fun times, and the weather just made it all the more enjoyable. It's snowing outside and weird to think we were hiking in 70 degrees less than a week ago.

Kylee said...

That is such a cool honor for your dad, he's an amazing guy! I'm glad you guys had a fun time.

Annie said...

I loved the trip with just us 6...seemed like old times!

Maren said...

Hey Stacey, its Maren Richter, sorry for the randmoness of commenting on your blog! I had to search you out to ask you some Cannon Beach advice. Cam's family wanted to go, and they are quite a large family. Do you know any good places to look for beach houses/ hotels? I loved Scooners Cove that you recommeneded to my mom. Anwyay, just wondering. Would you mind emailing me sometime (maren_reese@yahoo.com)
What a fun trip, you guys look like you always have fun no matter what you are doing. Hope you are well.