Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Shhh...don't say popcicle!

Kennedy has been wanting to get her haircut, so when my friend Amy said to come over today, Kennedy was very excited. I can't look while Amy snip, snips....I like to see the finished product. Kennedy loves it and looks so grown up! The Happy Birthday Banner I started while in Arizona is finally done. I hung it up to tie off all the ribbons. It matches perfect with our Happy Birthday Plates. Mom started this tradition when I was a little girl and my kids look forward to seeing it hung when they wake up on their Birthdays.



Todds truck without snow covering it.



There's a story to this.....in our house the words popcicle and bath go hand in hand......if Brody hears the words popcicle or bath this is the reaction we see. He pulls his shirt up and heads to the freezer to await a popcicle. He'll hold his shirt up like this until we make it up to the bathtub and start to get him in. For a little boy who says about 3 words, no, yes and mama....he is quite capable of understanding everything we're talking about. Today we saw some huge fish at the Heathman Lodge and later when I was talking about fish, he went into the pantry and brought out the bowl of goldfish crackers :>



















8 comments:

Annie said...

Thank you for sharing the truck and birthday banner. Now I can rest in peace. Kenna looks so cute and a little older to be sure. Mr. Broders. What can be said? He rocks!!

Jamie Jo said...

I love Brody's tummy and Todd's truck. But the Kenna picture didn't load. Dangit. Why does my computer do that? Send it to me on e-mail.

Lindsey said...

Todd's truck is Shaweet! Seriously happy for him. Your birthday banner makes me sick, I'm green with jealousy. Now I'm going to totally have to re-do mine, except the good news is I don't have a spare $45 bucks laying around, so perhaps it can wait until next year. Seriously, couldn't be cuter. Now I'm so sad about mine. But by the time I hang it up hopefully the image of yours will be out of my head. Hey, I don't have a "birthday" banner, just a "celebrate" banner, so maybe I can make myself a new one, slowly, one dollar at a time. Also, funny about Mr. Brody boy and his shirt. Emma gets popcicles in the tub too, it's the only way to do it. I love Kenna's hair too, she does look soooo grown up.

Rebecca said...

I have never heard of popcicles in the tub...where did you come up with that? Any kid would LOVE IT!

Kylee said...

That's so funny about the Popsicles. I guess that's a good way to get your kids to WANT to take a bath! I love your birthday banner too. I've also always had that tradition, but my banner needs a little work...

Ericka said...

So cute! I love the banner.

Annie said...

I keep signing on to check out the Morgan's birthday party for Fancy Nancy. I'm sure you're friend is wondering who keeps coming to her blog from Ogden and only stays 5 seconds. Tell her I have a party to plan of my own and I need some inspiration. I mean sure, there will only be 3 other guests besides Ryan, Emma and I, but still, that's no excuse not to be fabulous!

Lindsey said...

whoopsie, that comment from Annie was really from me. I was signed on to change her blog background and forgot to sign out. tee-hee.