Thursday, April 29, 2010

That's gonna leave a mark

Annie came for a visit in April bringing my neice Rachel along to help drive and see her cousins.  As always Annie comes ready to clean and  play with the kids.  My aunt Janet flew in for two days.  We went shopping one day and the next day she, Annie, Rachel and Griffin walked all over downtown Portland, the Pearl, Saturday market and a few key antique stores.  Janet even mended curtains for me and played dodge ball on the trampoline with the kids well into the evening.  It was great having them all here.



Griffin has friends over on several occasions to join in his new hobby..... Paint balling and Air Soft Wars in the forest behind the house.  Those boys will stay out there for hours!  I'll beckon them down with pizza, otherwise I can hear their distant crys an acre or two away as they are welted by a ball.  Last week he and two friends had Air Soft and a sleep over in the bonus room.  I barely saw or heard them all night.  It was lovely! 

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well it's about hmhm time! I LOVE your CB photos. I think it's so great to have fmaily traditions. The weather isn't important, it's that they can rely on you to keep the tradition. I am sooo looking forward to this summer. I love the kids all spiffed up after church. How fun for Griff and his friends to have somewhere to play. Sadly, even at Ryan's age, I know he would LOVE to spend a weekend of paintball playing with his buddies, and would love for it to include a slumber party as well. Griff is just such a cute kid!

Annie said...

Loved getting up at seven to discover your posts. The cottage in Cannon looked way cute. So do the kids!

The Morgans said...

I was just thinking about how much I loved paintball when I was younger. How cool is it that they have a forest to run in!

Lee said...

Yes, it is good to get an update from the Lakes. Looks like you're all having fun as usual. Perhaps my boys should bring their air soft and paint ball equip when we come?

Nicole Jackson said...

Those Air Soft Guns look fun! That is a good idea for a Bday or Christmas present for Mas! Sorry I missed Annie when she was here!

Thompson Tales said...

Brenton is sooooo into air soft and paint ball guns, and he has a dad that loves to buy him those things!!! I will need to call you next week (after we get back from mexico!!) and catch you up with everything going on!!! How did you do on your cookie intervention?

tutus n bowties said...

That's pretty much the best tradition I have ever heard of. No joke. I'm dying even more to come for a visit now that my mom has been there and told me how incredible your house is. Ahhh! One of these days.