Saturday, December 4, 2010

Not Raggedy Ann or Betty Crocker....Mrs Claus!

Every Christmas my talented and amazing friend Lori hosts a cookie exchange. It's not your average Cookie Exchange. She has a "no holds barred" way of doing things. There are prizes for Best Coookie, Best display and Best Costume.  Then one of those 3 ladies wins the overall honor of being "crowned" the Cookie Queen.  Complete with a tiara, Lori's chic apron and of course a spatula "wand".  This year my theme was "Cookies for Santa" and my display had little Santa's surrounding it. 
 I won the prize for best costume, because Lori should win every year, but she won't take the prize herself.  This basket was FILLED with awesome goods! 
Then I won my 3rd tiara!  I was Cupcake Queen once in the summer and Cookie Queen winter before last.  Yes! Adding to my tiara collection.  The cookies were yummy nummy and Lori always throws a wonderful party!  Her theme was Sugar Plum Fairy.  Isn't she adorable?!!

The funnies part of the whole eve was when I took a plate of cookies to my girlfriend Nicole's house where Griffin was at playing games with a bunch of girls and boys.  I walk in and he looks and me and his eyes widen in horror as he registers....THAT'S MY MOM!  Hilarious!!!!!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

I wish I was Lori's friend. Way to rock the outfit. Glad you posted pictures. It's much better then I imagined ;)

Annie said...

This is Sara :) Where did you get that outfit & what cookies did you make? That sounds like so much fun! I may have to start that with my friends!! Good job Princess!!

Vonnie said...

SCORE! Too funny about Griffin's comment. Keep on baking!!

Ashley May said...

Congrats on your third win!!!! I'm glad you found a cute outfit to wear. Looks like fun!

Jamie Jo said...

What a fun idea! I want to have a party that magical! I've had a cookie exchange before, but it was lame compared to that. That's funny about Griffin. I double dog dare you to show up to the Junior High dressed like that.

tutus n bowties said...

That's SUCH a great party idea! I love it and some day when I have my own place I will be hosting one of those for sure. Your costume rocks by the way.

Kendall said...

Cute and looks like so much fun. I might need that "winning" recipe. I'll give you credit of course. :)