Monday, February 25, 2008

Dates with our kids


The girls and I had the funnest little party the other night. We made what we call "Take 4" chocolates. They reminded me of my favorite candy bar, Take 5, and since there's only 4 ingredients we just changed the name. They were so proud of these chocolates that they made all by themselves...and they were delicious. Then we watched one of my favorite movies.....I'm a sucker for classics, anything with Carey Grant, Doris Day, Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stuart, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Shirley Temple or Haley Mills, just to name a few. I told them it was in black and white and they were skeptical to say the least, but ended up loving it and watching it again. Roman Holiday. So cute.











Brody doesn't like church. He has it is his mind that during the sacrament would be the best time to throw tantrums, toys, and food. It's his ticket outta there....I'd rather put him to bed than fight in the halls. This is our date together...it's called he and I come home and he takes a nap while I read my scriptures and make dinner.
This Sunday I came home to bake some bread for friends we had over and he woke up so I went back to RS, and again....crying and squirming all over. I'd much rather have peace at home and at least read my scriptures.
He's just a little boy trapped in a body that's too small for his spirit. Can't I see he's screaming to get out?!

On Saturday it was nice and sunny so I decided to go out for a long run. I've tried to go more than an hour, but my hands are SO cold that it hurts too much (I have a cirrculation problem in my hands). I went 17 miles...11 more weeks till Ogden...and when I stopped to get a rock out of my shoe I couldn't even tie my laces back up! The rest of me was warm but my hands stayed cold even until I got home. Todd didn't understand how my hands couldn't work when I got in. It was 45 degrees out!







Strolling across downtown bridges on a sunny spring-like day.
Cheers to you!

We love taking the kids on dates downtown. My parents took my sisters and I on so many family outings. These moments bond us together and create lasting memories, plus it was such a beautiful day to be outside! 50's to us is heaven! I love taking just our kids on these fun outings. Maybe it's becuase I get to be the one in charge?? Hmm, dad what do you think about that?


Something we hadn't done before was to walk across the Hawthorn bridge to the East Bank Esplanade and back across the Burnside to Saturday Market. The kids enjoyed the view from the bridge and the city landscape looking to the west can't be beat. We rode the Max to Pioneer Square where we got off and the kids enjoyed a treat. This statue used to scare Camdyn when she was a baby. They didn't quite understand why he would go to so much work to paint himself all up like that? Giving him some money made them feel better.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

How fun to be at this stage with your family!! Thank goodness for scrapbooking and home videos cause I go to a lot of work to make memories for Emma, but she's just too little to remember them all.
Your church stage with Broday will pass, and the inspired calling of nursery is just around the corner, and then you're home free!! I can't even imagine when I will be at your stage, but until then I am enjoying every spare second of my humble, easy stage and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Kenna's baby legs are still going strong in the magic department.

cjdustin said...

Hey Stacey! I didn't know you were in the blog world!!! I will see what you are up to now since I seldom get a chance to talk to you. How do you find time to do all of these activities? I like the hair too!

Annie said...

How awesome that the girls can "make candy". Never share the recipe! I'm glad the cloudy skies have abated for a spell. Your glorious spring days are just around the corner. Wish we were there to enjoy with you:(

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so impressed with all the things you do! Peace out about the fighting kids at church...I would do the same thing! Seriously...17 miles! That is awesome! I am so impressed.

The Skeen's said...

Loved all the fun things you do with your kids. Oh I remember the difficult days at church, just hang in there it will pass.

Your family is darling!'

Love,
Linda

Vonnie said...

Hi Stacey,
Great blog! It's fun to see pictures of your family and hear about what you are all doing. I love that about blogs. It's a great way to stay in touch. You're wonderful! Thanks for sharing.