Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sweethearts Day

My kids seem to be so excited over the smallest pleasures in life! Hopefully they learned that from me!
I cooked up a few Thai dishes and served some of the treats we brought back from Thailand as our appetizers. The kids were wild about my Cashew Chicken. They have become very good about eating everything I make...or at least trying it. Otherwise there will be no dessert.... and they will have none of that! My friend brought over these cupcakes from the Barefoot Contessa. They were bar none the best cupcakes I have EVER tasted!! And so beautiful!


Todd bought me red tulips which are my favorite flower. He worked a double shift over Valentines so the kids and I had a "party" of our own. It's tradition for me to sprinkle a trail of paper hearts leading to thier room with beautifully wrapped gifts. This year it was Valentine pj's, little rootbeers and gum which was the fave.

With Lindsey's advice I made this book for Todd. It's meant to be used as a place to write notes of thanks, love or little "just because" messages back and forth to one another. We do that on a pretty regular basis, but now it will be fun to see it go back and forth and having it discovered in odd and end places. ( on the inside flap it says....I love you)

3 comments:

Nicole Jackson said...

The book turned out so cute! What did Todd think of it? I forgot to ask. I'm sure he loved the idea and has probably already exchanged both of your hands. You guys are really good at leaving each other notes of appreciation!

Annie said...

It's ALL about the ribbon! I loved that book, what a genius idea. It's called a circle journal. I need the cupcake recipe.

Lindsey said...

I am so looking forward to the day when all of my memory making efforts are appreciated and looked forward to like they are with your kids. Right now I feel like I am throwing so much energy into Emma, and she would be just as pleased if I gave her a piece of gum than if we had a whole day of adventures. Your vValentine Book is DARLING, it will be well worth it's value in a few months.