Wednesday, April 2, 2008

St. Easter's Day

When was the last time that St. Patrick's Day and Easter were one week apart? My kids are happy with any reason to celebrate.


I was happy to know that the did in fact know the reason for Easter. Kennedy's preschool has Christain based teaching in their crafts and music. She learns a lot from there as well as in Primary and loves her teacher Sister Zundel at church and Miss Tracy at school.
Todd ended up working more in one week than he'd ever worked before. Thursday, Friday and Saturday (home for 12 hours to sleep Saturday night). Then back to work Sun and Monday 48 hours, off Tuesday then Wed. and Thursday another 48 hours. Our Easter was quietly spent at home, which was fine by the kids and myself. Easter bunny did well. He got the girls jump ropes and snowglobes. Camdyn's broke 2 days later....no surprise there.


Our green dinner was a hit! I dyed the Chicken Broccoli Casserole and served up any other green vegie or dish I could think of and just added green food coloring to everything else. The hats came from the $1 section at Target. I should have bought more!


The girls has a Princess Party and watched Enchanted while Griffin spent the night at Chandler's house. We had wands and crowns, ate appetizers and watched the movie on pillows and blankets they brought from home. What a cute movie!

The girls helped me set the table for our princess party....this was taken after all the cute food got eaten :> We made Easter gifts for the kids' teachers this year. In them we had soap that Camdyn made last summer in Utah with Annie, candies and a pass along card from church with an Easter theme. That was the easiest way to send the message of Savior and his gospel and what a perfect time of year to pass it along.....


So it's back to blondish as Kennedy would say....or did she call it whiteish? I can't remember. Anywho the brown just wasn't me, plus it wasn't dark enough and I was too impatient to try it a few more times to make it stick.....maybe another time. I like change and this is an easy way to get it. Now my hair needs some TLC.
When I pick up Brody from the kids club I hear comments like "Well, he sure doesn't look like you." (sarcastically speaking). I think he looks like a Skeen boy might have looked had we girls had to share our childhood with a brother. The thought of that is wierd. Where would he have slept and played? Our barbies took up all the room, as did our floral wallpaper.

6 comments:

Annie said...

I don't know where to start!!! The Easter party, the green dinner, the princess party or your HAIR:> I loved all the pictures but the green hats get my vote and gave me the biggest grin.

Lindsey said...

Wow! Your blog went form kinda boring (cause you had the bum computer and few posts) to Mom Of The Year Award!! Way to make up for lost time. I do love you blonde, and brownish. Maybe in the fall you could do it again. I love the St.Patty's dinner, way to not skimp on the Holidays!

Jord said...

What a fun mom you are Stacey! I'm glad to check into your life and hope your computer problems can get fixed...life without the net is near to impossible!

Jamie Jo said...

Should you stop being super mom? How do you do it all? Am I wrong to hope that when your kids are teens that life gets hard for you? I was a little sad to see the brown go. I thought that was a fun change.

Lee said...

stacey- i didn't even notice you weren't brown anymore cause i'm so used to you blond. you look gorgeous whatever you do. i love to see picts of your family and read about the fun things you do.

Claire said...

Hey Stacey, I've been meaning to ask: Sister Zundel's first name isn't Karen, is it? If so she's my old YW leader! Probably not, but I do know they moved to the NE somewhere so I thought I'd check.

I do have to admit I was inspired by your brown 'do. Not that I've made any changes, but it has got me thinking.....