Tuesday, June 3, 2008

What makes Portland unique






Aren't I lucky to live so near to my favorite
city? I love the various districts, sights and flavors of Portland that keep it so unique and changing. From vintage trollys to yuppies in the NW districts. From statues, fountains and sculptures scattered throughout downtown to punk kids with the most unique hair do's! Whenever we stay downtown I always rise early like a birdy and run the most fabulous route dad and I ever made up, with even more fun little trails and turns I've added since they moved. Starting downtown, I run up Broadway, through PSU, to Washington Park, through the Rose Gardens and huge mansions surrounding the west hills, on trails down to NW 23rd, east to the Pearl District, over the Steel bridge, along the waterfront, over the Broadway Bridge, along East bank esplanade, over the Hawthorne bridge, down to Waterfront park and back along the West Bank boardwalk to the hotel. I was able to run twice since we stayed 3 days downtown, the 2nd time taking Todd. He said with all the turns and different places we were running he wasn't sure if he could find this route on his own. I took Griffin out across a few bridges. He's a great little runner and keeps pace with me just fine. We had fun seeing the ships as we crossed the river and running past the festival center, picking out which rides he would go on later. I got 26 miles in within 2 days and LOTS of walking with Todd (while kids stayed in the room) and even more with the kids in tow!




One is sure to find something unique at Saturday Market. I spied some darling beanies, an astronaut, punk kids and elephant ears. We kept having cravings for elephant ears. Splitting 5 ways doesn't go very far. Above is a picture of my most favorite house in the whole wide of Portland. Everytime I run past it, I can just envision sipping lemonaide on a summer night on the porch. We can't houses be built this cute now a days?

3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I still can't read your blog since my computer doesn't show your vellum page, just your teal background, so the red ink is way too hard to see. I 'll have to go over past blogs and see if there was a color for me. But I love seeing my little nephews and nieces...and Portland! How I miss Thee!

Jamie Jo said...

Black. Pretty much black is the only color that does not make me want to go screaming to my eye doctor. Sad. Why doesn't my computer show all of the cuteness of our pages?

Lindsey said...

Remember that time we went to Saturday market and I got an elephant ear and didn'tr want to share it? So you and the kids had to share one and I think I finally caved and gave a few bites to Camdyn. Sadly, the same thing would probably happen again. I LOVE elephant ears, they're like an Oregon delicacy to me.