Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Starlight Starbright

Our most treasured location to reside downtown is the restored Multnomah Hotel, now operated by Embassy Suites. I love anything old and historic. This hotel was onced frequented by James Stuart, Charles Lindburg and several Presidents of the U.S. We love the graduer of the lobby, the comfort of the suites and best of all the full breakfast, pool and manager's reception in the evening. I think we swam 4 different times!


Located only 4 blocks from Pioneer Place, and 4 Blocks from the Waterfront, Saturday Market and Max, and 8 Blocks from the Pearl and Powells we were able to walk anywhere and everywhere with the kids. First off we had set out chairs for front row seating along the Starlight Parade route. We simply marked off our spot with tape, set out the chairs around 2 pm, then went on our way....hoping that it all remained intact when we returned 5 hours later. Luckily everything was as we left it. After the manager's reception of nachos, veggies and drinks and some swimming Todd and Griff walked up to do the Starlight Run which follows along the parade route while the girls and I walked along the blocked off downtown streets, where parade watchers and vendors filled the streets.







The run started at 8 pm and the parade immediatly following. Brody and Kennedy, Camdyn and I enjoyed watching the runners....many in costumes pass by, some with candy to throw and others with a high-five for the girls. This group of cute bumble bees from my ward were buzzing along, looking like they were having such a fun time and stopped long enough to let me snap a picture. After tons of awesome bands, drums, illuminated floats, and the Clydsdales below.... the kids were tuckered out. Luckily I was able to go right in off the sidewalk and put the little boy to bed! Todd and I settled the olders then went for a lovely walk downtown where half the city was still celebrating.




3 comments:

Nicole Jackson said...

You guys never stop with the entertainment! I'm glad you had fun the past few days during the Rose Festival, I know it's one of your favorite things to do!

Lindsey said...

I'm no hurry to be 'all done' with my family, I like having just one little pint sized squid right now, but it does make my heart flutter to hear of your family adventures and know what I have in store. Perhaps some year I will repeat your last two days and stay downtown with my kids as well.

Annie said...

"Misty water colored MEMORIES...of the way to were." Tears are staining my keyboard! I love that you love where you live and help your family to love it too. How could they not?