Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Old School

Only 4 1/2 days left of school. Jamie told me they were at Lagoon the other day and I thought...on a school day? I forget that the rest of the country gets out way before we do. I am so sad that Griffin will be going attending middle school next year, and leaves at 7:30. Gone is the 9 a.m. departure! He is such a blessing from above. Anyone who knows him is aware of how responsible he is. Yes, he still has to remind ME about appointments or checks to be sent to school, soccer tournaments and what not. When we are out and I need to remember something for later I just have to say, "Griffin remind me about this later", and he can.

Today I drove past Griffin walking with Camdyn to school. They are such good little friends and it made me sad to think that will never happen again. She doesn't like it when Griffin's friends meet up with them, because she likes to have one on one time to talk together as they walk. Hopefully she'll be just as good to Kennedy next year.....although I'm not sure I could put Cammy in charge of walking the two of them home:>

Perhaps summer will actually begin here once school gets out. Yesterday it was still 50's and rainy. It's a good thing I love the rain. Last night @ 8:30 I wanted to get a movie since Todd is working a 48 hours shift, so the girls and I bundled up and biked up to the video store. It was a little drizzly out, but one cannot wait for the rain to stop or we'd live our lives indoors!

4 comments:

Vonnie said...

Griffin sounds like such a great young boy. Those are darling thoughts about the kids and their relationships. I remember dreading/anticipating school being out for the summer. It was a love/frustrating kind of an experience. Loved having our children all home. Disliked having all their friends home for the summer as well. We established "family" days and "friend" days. It was the only way I could survive, otherwise I would have 20 extra kids around every day. Summer days are the best and it's fun to just chill and do some fun summer type activities. Three cheers for summertime!

Annie said...

It is true that life goes on in the rain! I love the pictures you have of Griffin with his arm around Camdyn. Those two not only look alike, but have been chums from the start.

Lee said...

nothing warms a mothers heart more than seeing her kids enjoying one anothers company and having fun together.

The Morgans said...

I get home sick for May 25th every year, it seems like it was always around that day that my kids would be getting out. Although it is good that the weather is warming up at just the right time. Just a few more days. I am so Excited!