Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Pioneers weren't on-line


We just purchased a brand new computer about 2 months ago and last Sunday something went down. Now we've had to send it back to the manufacturer because of a problem with the hard drive. I hate technology! The Pioneers got by without all these fancy gadgets. Why can't we? I use the Pioneers as my answer to any complaints. The Pioneers didn't have DVD's and mini vans to drive to Utah. The Pioneers were much colder than this when walking to school.....The Pioneers didn't have TV to entertain them when bored....they played with sticks or sang or killed chickens for the day's meal.
I'm our wards activities chairman and we had our ward Olympics this morning at the Nautilus World Headquarters Campus which is 2 miles from our house. It was nice weather and fun for the kids. Pretty much if there is a chance to bike anywhere with my kids, I take it. So to fill the rest of the day since Todd is working a 48 we've biked up to the Ortho office (so I can use the computer), will ride to the park and then up to Sonic to get a treat. Kennedy has "graduated" up to Camdyn's bike. Well, when you start riding without training wheels at 3 years old and your mom bikes you on any errand that can be done without loading up into the car....it's bound to happen that you'll be outriding your brother's friends.
So now I must buy a new bike for Camdyn since Kennedy is set on riding the bigger one. I've always wanted a bike with a basket, like the one's we've seen in European villages where that is the main form of transportation. They have big baskets in the front of the bike to carry milk, flowers and bread. It's so cute! I've always wanted one. Now, I did just purchase a new road bike which was a few thousand, so buying a bike with a basket wasn't the most needed thing on my list. But then the other night Todd tells me to come downstairs and see a mess the kids made and there in the family room was this pink bike just like the European ones. It was so sweet of him to surprise me like that! However....since I can't ride Brody on the back (and Brody goes where ever I go...unless I go out on my road bike) I found it might not be the most practical time to have this bike. But what a sweet guy for surprising me like that!
Anywho, to my aunties or sissy's who are wondering why I'm not responding it's because I cannot come over to the office or invade other peoples homes to get on their computers. I'm not amused with Gateway right now. Two months! What a joke, and it's going to take a few WEEKS to get it back. So since I will be off line for awhile maybe I can catch up on my scrapbooking....no, actually I would need my photo album on my software to do that! What a hassle :>

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

You're not gonna keep the bike? That's crazy talk! Even if you just use it to ride the kids to school each day then it is totally worth it. I could call you pink lady, and you could carry pink lady apples in your little basket. Okay good, it's settled then, you're keeping the bike.

Nicole Jackson said...

Todd is so sweet to you!!! I think you should keep it also because before ya know it Mr. Boy will be riding his own bike along side of his siblings! You can use my computer whenever!