Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cupcake Queen

My Friend Lori hosted the cutest party I have been to in a long time! She is so amazing and creative. I love it when people go the extra effort to put something together....it's truely a talent. She sent out darling invitations to a Cupcake Exchange. We each were to bake 4 dozen cupcakes from scratch, decorate, display and dressing up was optional. Lori (on the right), made her cupcake apron and had fabulous wrapped gifts to give away.
We all had secret ballots for voting on best tasting, best display, best attire, and cupcake Queen. Lori's won best tasting (above) I wanted to spoon the frosting! Another girl and I tied for 2nd with my almond poppyseed cupcakes and cream cheese frosting and I got an awesome scrapbook tote and princess crown.
These are the other cupcakes that came in 2nd, Martha's coconut cupcakes.
My Paris theme display took 1st place...I din't know how elaborate the displays should be so I just grabbed stuff from around the house.
The last award was for cupcake Queen and I won! Lori had a bag with her cupcake apron inside....I was so excited. She also gave me a diamond tiara to crown me with. We all took home samplings of the dozen different kinds there that evening. My kids eyes were big as saucers when I came home with 2 cookies sheets lined with different cupcakes. Cammy and Kenna wore the tiara and princess crown for 2 days. That's about the same time to it took for my family to go through all the delicious little cakes, our neighbors helped out in that area as well!

8 comments:

Henry said...

that was the coolest party!! must have been so fun! i'm having a blog party and giveaway! the fun just never stops! swing on by! http://www.nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Very appropriate that you won Stace. What a fun party idea. You have awesome friends!

Annie said...

Wow! I'm not surprised you won with that darling Paris theme. I recognized everything in your display....fun, FUN, fun!

Steph said...

I heard all about the fun cupcake party from Nicole. What a cute idea! You are always so creative, love the Paris theme. I was one of those lucky neighbors that Nicole shared with and got to taste those yummy cupcakes! My kids thought they were in heaven!

Lee said...

Stace- are you back??? I'm so happy. Loved seeing picts of the darling party annie told me about. So fun and cute. That's totally something you would do. Loved seeing the adorable picts of the kids on their last days of school. It is way too sad how FAST they grow up :(

Lindsey said...

Will I ever have fabulouse friends? I just don't think so. And by the time I do I think I will be too into my kids. Woe is me. Happy for you at least. The whole thing looks delightful!

SaraPete said...

That is so freaking cute!!! Why am I not surprised at all that you won! I wish I could have got a creative gene like you and Linny... oh well. Now I'm craving cupcakes!

Natalie said...

http://lieslpie.blogspot.com/ you have to check out my friends blog. She just made aprons for her twins with the same material your friend made hers. Funny.