Sunday, July 13, 2008

Todd's Custom Painting

Todd has come a long way in the "handy man" department from when we first married 14 years ago. He's always loved doing the yard and keeping things tidy on the inside. In the last few years he built our fence, placed crown moulding, chair rail and beadboard on the interior. Repainted several rooms, built storage shelves and is currently on task building a custom King size bed for a friend of mine. So when it came to painting our home of 8 years he thought he'd take a whack at it. Now, after day 6 in this 90 degree weather, he's not regretting it, but does have a deeper appreciation for what Brandon Hill does.....or any painter day in and day out.
Painting the house itself did take 2 days and 2 coats, but it's the trim work that is taking forever! This picture is trim work in progress. Climbing up ladders and spraying the pitch of the roof was the least of his worries. He had the time and we did save a lot of money. It looks much better and he did a great job! I wonder if we'll be in THIS house another 8 years?

8 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I can't really tell from the pics, but did you change the colors, or just give it a fresh coat of the original colors?

Stacey said...

We changed colors. It used to be "Walking Path" a light greenish gray...now it's "Thatched Roof" a dark greenish brown.

Alicia said...

Stacy...I am so excited that you found my blog so I could find yours! I just spend a good hour reading through your 2008. I can't believe how much you have done in half a year. Geez girl, you are a ball of energy. I remember that about you. You're kids are all so big and I loved seeing them again, although I never got to meet Brody. This is a great way to keep a long distance friendship. I miss everyone in that neighborhood, I hated to leave...but alas...life goes on. Thanks for the great memories.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

So I went on abike ride with the girls today and went past your house. I really like the new color--so nice and fresh! Todd did a good job!

Annie said...

Todd's a keeper for more reasons than painting and handyman skills:)

Lindsey said...

I LOVE LOVE that about Todd, how handy he is. Our husbands share that quality and I think there are few that trump that in a husband. Now Todd is quite a bit more passionate about it, I don't think he would, actually make that I KNOW he wouldn't let our backyard look the way it does. But the two boys are on the same page with doing it themselves. Good for T-O-double D

Lee said...

looks good- I lOVE your house. What a great combo you and Todd are- both talented and tidy

SaraPete said...

I love the color!! I'm very impressed w/ Todd's handyman skills!