Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blueberry Pie

The Northwest is abundant this time of year with all kinds of berries. Blackberries are the kids' favorite, but they stain our hands for days and have so many brambles we come away with scratches. Last week my friend Julie invited the girls and I along with some other gals and their girls from the ward to pick blueberries. We loved it! No stickers, easy to reach and nice grassy pathways for Brody to meander along while we picked. We picked 13 pounds in under an hour. They were so delicious! We munched on them fresh all day. I made 2 of my most favorite pies in the whole widest world out of them that night and yummy blueberry bran muffins on Sunday morning. The Morgan Girls
The Crofts Clan

Blueberry Cream Cheese Pie
(Makes two pies)

Crust:

Break apart 2 pkgs of HoneyMaid Grahams (keeping some in chunks)
3/4 CUBE of butter
1/4 cup sugar
Spray bottom of pie crust and bake for about 6 min. @ 350
Let cool

Filling:

8 oz. light cream cheese (whip with mixer) then add

1 cup powdered sugar

fold in 1 small tub of lite COOLWHIP then fold

3 cups blueberries (some smashed with your hands and some whole)

Place in cooled crust and garnish with plenty of whole berries on top.

Freeze to set then thaw on counter for 20-30 min. before serving.

7 comments:

Annie said...

I've always loved that recipe. I just seldom make it because fresh blueberries aren't as easy to come by in Utah...well, not right off the vine. Fun times day. The kids look so cute!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Stacey, we finally ate our blueberry pie tonight and it was yummy!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

SaraPete said...

Oh my gosh...I wish I wouldn't have just seen that pie... now I'm craving it so bad! It is BY FAR the best pie I have ever had!!

cjdustin said...

Looks yummy! I am looking forward to my favorite blueberry pie tomorrow. I will have to share my recipe also.

Lindsey said...

Yeth!! This is my most favorite recipe in the whole widest world. I am totally making it this week. Thanks for the reminder.

Jamie Jo said...

Why have I never had this pie? I get left out of so much. Another really yummy place for blueberries is in frog eye salad. Instead of the pineapple and oranges, put in strawberries and blueberries. Very good!!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh! That looks delicious!