Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Opera Ghost

A few months ago we purchased tickets to see Phantom. I was so excited to take my kids who have watched the movie dozens of times and know all the songs. My friend Mia and Vince joined us as well as my little sister Lindsey and Ryan who are in town visiting his family. It wasn't a sold out show, so at intermission we went to the orchestra level to peek into the orchestra pit and stayed in some seats off to the side. The second half was awesome! We could actually see their faces and intricate details of all the costumes without using binoculars. We loved it! The kids were entranced by the phantoms face when he mask was ripped off, by the fire and gunshot effects. It was pretty funny seeing their expressions and hearing commentary throughout the play. Such a fun date night for the "older" kids!

7 comments:

Ashley May said...

Looks like a fun fun night! You guys looks so cute all dressed up... I love the pic with the rose in Kennedy's mouth.. how cute is that!?!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I love seeing plays... Makes me miss living out east and going into NYC for Plays on the weekend.
Phantom is a good one. Glad your kids liked it. I have forced my kids to watch the movie once with me. The only musical's they will watch are High School Musical and Camp Rock.

Lee said...

That's so great that they got to go see a musical in which they already love the music. Which one of your kids loved the music to CATS? You should see that if it comes. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it and that you got such great seats!

p.s. as for your commenting on my blog- yes, you just missed getting mentioned for being a consistent commenter. I'll give you an honorable mention here. You do a great job!

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

I loved that show! I'm definitely going to take the girls the next time it comes!

I read your trip report and I am so glad you had a FABULOUS time!

Vonnie said...

I love live theater shows and Phantom is a favorite. Great, great music. Glad you all enjoyed it!

Kylee said...

How fun for your kids to come along on an adult date night! I bet you didn't even notice they were there- you're kids are so well-behaved! I hope to see the Phantom sometime.

Jamie Jo said...

Did you know Rachel was obsessed with that in 4th grade and she and her friend Lindsay sang one of the songs to their class with Lindsay being the Phantom and Roo being Christine. They did it for the Primary talent show as well. Rachel used to sing it so much when I was pregnant with Spency, that he recognized it when he came out!