Monday, September 8, 2008

Just because....

What else can make your day than a thoughtful gesture from a friend.....not because it's your birthday, or you're sick, or you just had a baby (although those are all great too!) but rather, just because you were being thought of.

I have a friend, who now lives in Oregon, that to this day I consider The Queen of Thougtful Gestures. Camille Zuro. My list could go on and on of things she did for me when I first moved into this ward. It was all those little things that added up to me wanting to emmulate her. When she moved I wanted to carry on the Camille Zuro role and fellowship others like she did to me. I think I had a good run.....then I had a few more kids and it sorta went downhill.

Two of my friends came by with "just because" gestures that really made my day. My good friend Karen Gibson is always bringing us treats that she makes for her boys when they come to her home for dinner. She, Dennis and Ryan give us extra tickets all the time to events that otherwise we'd miss out on. She brought by carmel corn, which was full earlier! Along with 2 tickets to the Street of Dreams in Clackamas.

On Monday nights I walk with my friend Scarlette and had to phone her and cancel due to a really bad pulled muscle or some mysterious pain radiating down my right calf. I could barely walk down the stairs let alone walk outside. She shows up at my door at 8 pm with a load of new magazines and a "get well so we can walk soon!" note.

There are many occasions where friends have reached out for no reason at all and those instances, although not noted here, do not go unnoticed.


2 comments:

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Unexpected, thoughtful gestures often do mean the most. Thanks for the reminder that little gestures can really make someones day. (And Stacey, you are definitely a thoughtful friend!)

Annie said...

We all need to be thoughtful more. It means so much and especially for 'no reason'.