Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Top Ten

Goal #1 Wake up at 5 a.m. and be home by 7 a.m. to read scriptures with Griffin and get him off to school with a kiss and a note in his lunch from time to time. Today the poor kid got himself all ready and came to kiss us goodbye as T and were still in bed! Besides I love getting a crack on the day before the kids are awake and getting up early means going to bed early, goal #2!
My sisters and cousin have done posts on goals they want to accomplish. Since I tend to be more on the private side I keep them in my journal, but then I thought perhaps it might help me to remember and be more diligent if I post of a few of them. I find I'm better in long term goals than the short term ones. My plan is to accomplish these by the first of October....then make new one's or have created better habits and they need no longer be a "goal"!
So in no particular order, here are some more
Kenna just had woken up.....so this is 2nd day hair before I pulled it out. Now that school's back in I don't want the girls looking like orphans and want to try more hair techniques. I wonder if half the kids at school get a comb through their hair before they're out the door? Seriously.
I love doing little girls hair and my girls are growing too fast. Bows are played for me (or I'm just tired of making them) and Camdyn's a bit too old for them anyhow. Kenna's patience for new hairstyles might be running thin. It's time consuming. #3 Once we get our garage cleaned out (that will be on Todd's goal list) then it's time to stock up on food storage. We have the money, we have the resources, we just need to DO IT! #4


Speaking of food, anyone who knows me well knows that I AM a cookie monster. Ask my brother-in-law Tyler and he'll tell you that I'm also a "cookie snob". I'll admit that.
Cookie Monster and I have much in common. He likes to eat cruncy fruit, vegetables and......yep, cookies, cookies, cookies! Yes a cookie here and there is fine. I just eat them here, there and everywhere. I really wonder if I could go 3 weeks with no cookies. It's never been done. In fact I'm eating one right now just mentally preparing for this fasting of cookies. #5


I want to finsih my Thailand Scrapbook. #6
And not eat cookies in the process.....
Do more one on one reading with the 3 younger kids. Tasha Tudor is my most favorite author/illustrator of all time. I also want to get to bed at 9:30 myself and read rather than waste time downstairs on computer and TV. #7
Go to the temple this month. #8
Decide if I'm going to do the PF Changs Marathon the day after my B-day, then sign up. #9 And..... put on a very fun activity for our ward on Oct 3rd. I brainstormed some fabulous ideas for an Oktoberfest celebration. My committe and I are hard at work to bring it all together, and hopefully it will all turn out like I have it envisioned in my mind! We're planning on holding it outdoors because I think the cultural hall is a tomb that is a bear to decorate. Only the weather will tell. #10




8 comments:

Carol said...

Those are great goals Stace, but I must ask - when could your girls possibly ever look like orphans? You are one of the best moms I know for fixing little girl's hair!

Lee said...

wow- a comment from Carol- that is an unexpected thoughtful gesture just like your post! haha Love your goals. Let me know how the no cookie eating goes, and also the getting to bed by 9:30. You did say those are just goals until October right???

Dannielle said...

Dont be too hard on yourself about the cookies...treats are too hard to give up :) If it's only cookies you have to give up there are ways around that...rice krispie treats, brownies, your popcorn, ice cream, candy...just trying to help :) It's only three weeks and you are one of the most self disciplined people I know and I think these substitutes will definitely get you thru. ;) We are going to be up there the last weekend in September to get our stuff and move it back. We weren't able to sell our house but the Fishers are going to rent it from us. Which will be great. Hopefully you can stop by and maybe Todd can help if he is not working - that Friday, the 26th we will be packing the UHaul - Fun! Fun!

cjdustin said...

Good luck on your goals! I haven't had a cookie in a while. Maybe I should go on strike with you since I already have a few days under my belt! I can't wait for the oktoberfest sounds fun!

Alicia said...

You are so good at keeping up on your blog. And your cookies are too good to resist...I remember them...they're that good! You have great goals. I might need to steal some of them:)

Kylee said...

I like the goals... good luck with the cookie one! Just eat brownies or cake for three weeks! It's good to get the goals out in the open, for me, it makes me actually do it because I know people are watching. Or at least I think so and that's all that counts.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Do the marathon... I will find the code to save you $$ on registering. . . I am doing that this afternoon... Training starts this week. I am excited to eat more carbs...

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

I forgot to mention.. I love the goals... I am so much better at staying focused when I write my goals down.