Saturday, October 25, 2008

Date NIGHT

My father, the hard working man that he is....had to fly away on business this week to India and Abu Dhabi. My mother came to play while he was away and entertain us. It's always a treat when Annie comes to town. The kids were counting down the days like it was Christmas. The first day she arrived Todd and I were pushed out the door to come stay a night downtown sans kids. Ok....twist our arms. We tried a new Marriott location on the Waterfront and loved it! Thanks dad :>

This was our view. Walking downtown is our favorite date destination. After checking in we put on our running shoes and carried two bags of books 2 miles to Powells Books to trade in. They were heavy bags! We got about $12 back and were thrilled.

Next we had the happy hour menu at PF Changs in the Pearl, went into Anthropologie and I tried on a few darling little jackets. Walked a few more miles through the park blocks up to PSU.


It was such a nice evening that we didn't want to head back to the hotel. Walking all over and talking it was so nice to be out with a best friend who also happens to be my husband. It's great to rekindle the love and funny sides we both have without the distractions and stresses of kids! We walked to Pioneer Square and tried out some plush mattresses at Macy's. Oh man....I never realized how bad ours our, now that I've lied on super expensive one's! Todd bought me a few PINK items at V.S.


Took a dip in the hot tub back at the hotel then went to Stanford's Restaurant which was just around the block for appetizers on their late night happy hour. Yummy.


Slept so wonderful....but fast. Woke up at 7:00 and did the run dad I used to do when he lived here. No disputing....this is the best run one can do in/around Portland.....am I right dad?

The Fall colors were in full swing and the morning was so quiet and peaceful. It is so rejuvenating to get the day going this way.....Ran 10 miles finishing across the Hawthorn Bridge from the East Bank.

After another dip in the hot tub and a big delicious complimentary breakfast we walked up to Portland State Farmer's Market....not to be confused with Saturday Market. This was a sensory experience. The setting could not have been more perfect. The leaves were falling, bagpipes playing and fresh produce everywhere you turned. Small pumpkins, fresh bread and green fried peppers scented the air. This was produce/products sold by the granola-organic-natural Oregonians. It's a whole different mixture of people to watch than you'd see at Saturday's Market. I love the eclectic mixture of people that make this city unique.


After loading up on some of the local fares we headed home. After the kids' games Annie took THEM (minus Brody boy) back downtown to stay the night. We took advantage of this fact and had some friends over for appetizers and games after Brody went to bed.








10 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend. I love the picture of the Willamette. I think I only went to Saturday's Market two times in my twenty something years of living there. I should have taken advantage of it more. It is fun people watching.

Lee said...

What a wonderful date night. That sounds like so much fun. That is sweet of Ann to let you do that. Hope you're having a lot of fun with her.

Annie said...

Helly Ray. Where did you find all those beautiful pictures. I LOVE coming to visit you!

Vonnie said...

What a great adventure for you and Todd. And I'm sure Ann and the kids had a great time too. I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all! Fun!!

Ericka said...

What a fun time! We stayed at that hotel for our anniversary one year. It's reaaly nice.

tutus n bowties said...

How fun for you and your hubby! Stacey, I LOVE your house! I saw pic on Ann's blog and fell in love. We are starting to save up for a trip... might take a while, but we will get there!

Trace Skeen said...

Great photos Stu. It would be so easy to pine about not having those features so avilable...but i choose to just keep them as special if not sacred memories. Our frequent runs down the middle of the streets of Portland at 4am will always be treasured. I think I scored for Griffin...a soccer outfit fashioned after the Abu Dhabi national team. Thanks for sharing time with Mom while I'm away. I'm stuck with a treadmill here in India because the streets are too dangerous to run with the harried traffic.

Lindsey said...

Ummm hello! Could that date night have been any more perfect? What's with all those amazing photo shots? I LOVE how much you and Todd branch out and make a date night truly unique. No costa vida take out and theater movie for you two, I love it! Plus your cmera is worth every penny more than mine. I'm green over it. Thos epictures of the girls are just too much and Griffin's action shots as well. I love his drive to be fit and fast. I also love that dress Camdyn has on. A Utah special right? I think I was with you when you bought it. Looks very Greggy Girl to me.

Jamie Jo said...

You're sorta mean to rub that in our face. Just kidding! I'm glad you got to do it. That's great. I miss Portland so much!

The Hartley Family said...

So jealous! What a fun date and who doesn't love a grandma. Your kids are getting so grown up and you are all adroable. We love you guys!