Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Tricks and Treats

So Stinkin' Cute.........
Annie made a darling Halloween Dinner Party for the kids earlier this week. She had finger sandwiches, mummie hotdogs and mini pumpkins filled with candy. We made carmel apples for dessert.....yum!




This Halloween was just as nice, if not nicer than last years! It was so mild out and not raining!!! Griffin went off with his soccer team as the Grimm Reaper. We girls all dressed as witches and Brody wore the skunk costume I had made for Griffin, back in the days when I MADE my own costumes (those days are long gone!) I think all the kids have been through the skunk once...


Brody was so stinkin' adorable! He watched us as we all dressed up with a curious look on his face. Then it's out the door, a black bucket in his hand and the next thing he knows it's getting filled with candy! What must a little child think! He stayed out the whole 2 hours with us as we went from door to spooky door. I let a few friends scare him with their masks and spooky decor. It was great fun to watch him cry or pull a scared face. Child abuse!

By the end of the night Brody was fast asleep. And this was us prior to starting out.

I think Annie looks like professor McGonnagal (sp?) from Harry Potter.







9 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's fun to be all dressed as witches. I'm glad it wasn't raining for you. I'm also glad you've gotten your time's worth of that skunk costume.

Kylee said...

Halloween is the best! I wanted to see Griffin's grim reaper costume... I bet it was awesome. The girls looked darling!

Ashley May said...

Ahhh.. the classic Lake Skunk costume... I LOVE IT! The witch's all look cute too!

Jamie Jo said...

We had our best Halloween weather ever. Mills LOVED Halloween-more then Spencer! That's funny about Mom and McGonagal.

Rebecca said...

What an exciting party for the kids. Adorable costumes too!

Lee said...

Yes, Annie does look like McGonagal- but only MUCH younger. . . I think it's the glasses. I think the skunk costume that I made for Jake was one of my favorites too. I should do a post and pictures next fall of all the cute costumes I've made courtesy of FAMILY FUN's ideas. I'm glad it was fun and good weather.

The Morgans said...

Its great that you got to share this kid holiday with your mom

Jord said...

How fun that your Mom could be there for the festivities! Your kids are so cute and I'm impressed that they lasted for 2 hours going door to door. Missionaries in training.

The Great Lakes of NY said...

You always do the coolest things with your kids! I love that I can see what your sweet family is up to now that there's such thing as a blog! Your kids are definitely going to grow up with great memories.