Saturday, October 18, 2008

Growing Pains

Todd received a $100 movie gift card as a thankyou to a bed he recently made. We are not regular movie goers, so tonight we decided on a whim to go see Fireproof. He'd heard good things about it from some guys at the firestation. I haven't seen Kirk Cameron since he was the cocky teenager with curly hair!
First of all I highly recommend this movie. I must say that the first few minutes of acting I felt as if I were watching one of those RM or Single's Ward type of film. During other parts I wondered if this movie was really made and put out by the church.
There was religious message and theme, but real life events were played out as well. It addressed issues that I'm sure many couples are faced with. Several funny parts and I shed a few tears. I told Todd I am surprised.....with all the different ways God is being taken out of anything public due to people's "rights"..... that this movie is doing so well. Our whole auditorium even clapped at the end, and we're talking about NW Liberals :>

6 comments:

Thompson Tales said...

I am glad to hear that about the film, I wanted to see it this past weekend, but we weren't able to go. I will let Mike know what you said about it....how are you anyways??

Lindsey said...

If nothing else I will make an effort to see it just to support uplifitng films. So Todd made a bed for someone else AND you? Clear that up for me because that's awesome!

Stacey said...

Just for my friend, not for me. I'm too practical right now to get rid of our perfectly good Queen when we'll have to buy King mattresses and bedding.....he however has switched places with me. First the nice camera, always a boat, (I say only if we pay cash!) and now a new bed and furniture for our room...mom's taking that crib back :>

Jamie Jo said...

I haven't even heard of it. I'll have to look for it and maybe Ryan and I can double date with Josh. He says he doesn't have girlfriend, but I sneak into his phone and there are a lot of texts and a picture from a cute girl named McKenzie. It is sad how God is being taken out of stuff. Remind me to tell you the story of wanting to pray at DJ's school. I love you!

Jamie Jo said...

P.S. I love that your thumbnail picture is you with dark hair. Did I tell you I cut my own hair last Tuesday?

The Morgans said...

My sister loved this movie!!