Sunday, January 4, 2009

Winter Vacation

Catching up where I had left off......
Christmas Eve with the Petersen's. Brody was so not himself. He zonked out right next to Todd on the chair. He had just enough strength to get his shoes and hoodie for me to put on him (he's obsessed with picking out mismatched shoes and wearing a jacket so he'll be ready to go bye-bye whenever the chance presents, it's so cute.) Cody played games with the kids while the finishing touches were put on the meal.
Camdyn, Kennedy and Caleb put on a puppet show in Papa Trace's honor for part of our Christmas Eve Program. Cammy did most of the narrating.


This is the one time that my schedule of activites for the evening didn't get changed because of the snow.


Everyone loved Family Trivia. Thanks for emailing some questions mom and dad!
After the Elf knocked and the kids scampered to bed, the most beautiful snow started to fall. Hard to tell in this picture but it really added to the Christmas Eve ambiance. Sara and Cody bought us Christmas Vacation and we watched that as we wrapped ALL the presents. We were all up till midnight.

Good Gol he's been here! Camdyn turned 9 on Dec. 30th. Since the Lake's were snowed in, they came out for a Birthday dinner celebration. Little Camdyn Eliza Lake. A uniqe, independant and creative little cuddling girl.

Papa Trace lent us several points of his to stay in the Marriott at the Riverplace downtown on New Year's Day. We did it last year on New Year's Eve. The kids loved swimming and the big breakfast the next morning. We even woke up to snow on the ground and took a walk in it down to the floating docks to feed the freezing ducks.
Uncle Tyler came by to visit us at the hotel and brought us some home made gourmet treats.
Kennedy is such a little shadow. She only wants to be wtih me....all the time! She is a sweet daughter with a beautiful smile.
Tonight at dinner it started snowing and sure enough 2 hours later we had about 2-3 inches. The kids are hoping there's no school tomorrow. That is not on mine and Todd's agenda!



Hip hip hurray for Winter Vacation....and a real WINTER this year!


















10 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've been waiting for this post. I knew there was some more fun stuff missing. I love the naartjie outfit Emma had on and the Greggy Girl one too. I can't wait to come this summer and see that Mr. Brody. I know he's hard but I think he's funny. Enjoy the rest of your winter. I also loved kenna's dress. She looks like Camdyn in that first single picture.

Stacey said...

You wrote Emma, but I know you meant Kennedy :>

cjdustin said...

I agree that all the snow made this Christmas very magical. What a treat!

tutus n bowties said...

Fun Christmas! Snow just ties the knot when it comes to the holidays. Snow days out of school were my favorite thing when I was younger. Thanks for the workout tips! My friend and I decided to run the half marathon in ogden in May...that will make me get to the gym!

Thompson Tales said...

I love the pictures of Kennedy, so flippin cute!!! Are you tired of the snow yet? miss you....

Annie said...

I feel like Meg Ryan on 'you've got mail' when I see a new post from you on google reader!!!

Loved the update and the darling pics of the kinder. I honestly thought your snow had been rained away. You're gonna love the weather change in 10 days:)

Jamie Jo said...

I totally spaced Camdyn's birthday! I'm such a flake! Tell her sorry and I love her.

The Great Lakes of NY said...

Such a sweet family! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas and vacation. We miss you guys!

Lee said...

What a magical time! Loved the pictures- so adorable. I can't believe you're still getting snow! Make it stop! I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas.

Vonnie said...

I'm so glad you could share the holiday with Sara and her family. It looks like a good time was had by all. The pictures of the little kids are so darling. What a good looking bunch of people! And to think we're related :)