Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wicked Wolf

All we've been hearing at our house for the last two weeks have been songs from the Wicked soundtrack. Last night I took a chance on securing two more tickets to go along with the two season tickets I already had. I was able to purchase tickets for Griffin and Camdyn 1/2 price for 2nd row center and 3rd row center (the reason is because they were single seats). What lucky kids. The seats were awesome, even though they were a row away from eachother.......No worries....they were captive the ENTIRE time. Kennedy and I sat back a ways with our friends the Moses' and I enjoyed seeing her reaction to the songs she'd memorized. She really wanted to sing along and was having a hard time containing her little self.

They were all a buzz afterwards and the next day saying lines and playing the music round the clock. Kennedy said in a teary voice that she "shouldn't go to school because she can't get Wicked out of her mind....the sadness of it all." It was pretty funny.

Last week we took the kids back to Great Wolf Lodge. I asked Todd to request an upgraded room.....never hurts to ask because they granted our wish and gave us our 5th family member swim pass free! My family knows I like to seek out any deal that is there to be had, and like I said, it never hurts to ask.


It was so sad to see Brody taking it all in. He was very reserved and quite somber for about the first hour or two. There are some big splashes that go on in there. This HUGE bucket off water pours out about every 2 minutes and he'd just sit and watch for it.




He did like the wave pool. They had some waves that were SO big and I happened to get right on top of the peak of it and it would drop Brody and I down each time, I had more fun on that than he did! The kids get so excited for these little family outings and count down the days till we go. I remember my parents always taking us kids on overnight adventures, or even day trips in whichever city we were living in. I want my kids to have those same memories.



7 comments:

SaraPete said...

How fun that you all got to go see Wicked, I have been dying to see it! And even better that you won tickets! That Wolf Lodge looks very magical and a great place to go this time of year!

Steph said...

Love the Great Wolf Lodge. I'm sure we will be heading back next year. I will have to ask about a room upgrade. Good job on getting that deal.

Jamie Jo said...

Dang, that looks so fun! You have the most fun life! I wish I could be you for a day.

Annie said...

I love the matching green outfits. It was fun to get Griffin's text at the show:)

Lindsey said...

You're such a rockin' mom! Seriously, it's a shame we don't live closer, then I could worship you to your face and not just to my friends faces. I think giving kids a good childhoods is one of the best gifts you can ever give them, nothing can make up for it. I love that you all wore green and black to Wicked, way to be sassy that way.

Nicole Jackson said...

I love that green coat! How fun for the kids! When are you going again???

Vonnie said...

It looks like you had a great time. I love your green clothes. We have tickets for the SLC show on the 21. Can't wait. Your kids are darling!