Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dinner Theatre

Last week Griffin played his first game with the Timbers up in Snohomish, and one minute in got an elbow in the lip! Todd had to drive the 3 1/2 hours back to urgent care for 5 stiches!
He had a lopsided smile for several days.

This is Brody's new pasttime. Climbing like a monkey boy in the pantry for various snacks. He'll then get a bowl and pour an entire box of crackers into it for a mid day treat. Yesterday, while trying to procure a hidden treat of the girls, he pulled the playroom hutch right on top of his squaty little body. Poor kid, all he wants is a scooby snack.


Last night Todd and I took a gamble on winning the Wicked Lottery for two seats. We have tickets for another night but Todd has to work, so I'll go that night with the kids. There was a large group of people who put their name in a cauldren and waited 20 minutes for the drawing. Todd's name was the 2nd one pulled and we got 3rd row seats! Sweet! Since we had 2 hours until the performance we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Stanford's where Todd took me on our first date. We were commenting on the differences between that "date" and this date. Boy 15 years does bring out different demensions to a relationship! The show was so good I wanted to cry!



During the intermission a beautiful young lady came and sat by me. Miss Julie Bundy! Lindsey's sister in law and the whole Bundy clan was there one section over from us. The little neices of Lindsey's came over and commented on how much Linny and I look and sound alike. Thanks to TJ for fixing my camera so we could take a decent picture inside the dark auditorium.




11 comments:

Alicia said...

Sounds like a wonderfully busy time for you. Score on those seat! Hope Griffin's lip is doing better.

Jamie Jo said...

How fun! I just barely heard some of the music in Carol's car. It sounded cute. I don't know anything about the play, and I guess it isn't real true to the book, but it is supposed to be fab.

They thought you looked like Linny? I don't see it. Do you?

Jamie Jo said...

Oh--and poor Griffin! That looks horribly painful. Will it scar? You'll have to tell him about my chin. I think that was 20+ stitches. No good.

cjdustin said...

Ouch! That lip looks sore! We love Wicked at our house! The girls can't get enough.

Lindsey said...

That might be my favorite post yet of yours. I mean between Griffin's frightening lip, monkey boy, and the inlaws, I'm quite fulfilled. I'm so glad Todd got to see Defying Gravity in real life. I can't wait to go in four weeks!

Lee said...

You got to see WICKED? I'm sooo happy for you. When I see it in a month, that will be three times in a year! I can't wait!

Hope Griffin's lip will be good as new soon. A sports injury scar is cool though!

Annie said...

Wow. My heart goes out to Griff and monkey boy....feed him more momma!

Ericka said...

Ouch! I just had to take Cayden in last night to get stitches and I thought 30min was bad because the one near us was closed. I guess I should be more grateful!

tutus n bowties said...

Lucky you for getting to see wiked twice! I hear great things about it but I wasn't able to get ticket when they come to SLC. What did you think? Will I servive without?

Kylee said...

Oh yay! I love Wicked! How funny that you just happened to see the Bundy's there! Poor Griffin, I hope his lip gets better soon. Brody is the most handsome kid ever! and the mischieviousness (spelling?) adds to it!

The Miles Family said...

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Yes...of course I remember you. Ashley only talked about you ever since I can remember and I finally met you at her wedding. Your family is darling! It looks like you keep busy..always doing fun things. I didn't even know you had a daughter named Camdyn until Ashley told me when we went to visit her with our new baby. I thought that I had made it up [i had only heard of boys named Camden] and added the "y" as a nice feminine touch. We must think alike. It's a good name! :)