Thursday, April 30, 2009

Morning on the Willamette

While Todd was away in D.C. and New York for 8 days the kids and I took a sunny morning and spent a few hours walking downtown. Initially we were coming just for breakfast but I grabbed my camera at the last minute to take a few practice shots. It's too bad I didn't go to extra lengths to dress the kids up like the picture perfect poster children we see in professional shots, because some of these would have turned out really good. But, for us.....this is the life we live!
This is where Todd proposed to me 15 years ago. We fed the ducks.......
walked along the waterfront.......

down this alley way behind Saturday Market......


dipped our toes in Salmon Street Fountain



watched the Hawthorn bridge raise for the Spirit of Portland.....

played hide n seek.......


and found these flowers washed ashore on the banks of the Willamette River.

Rowing out on the Dragon Boats only mean one thing.......Rose Festival is near!







5 comments:

Annie said...

What a fun times day. The kinder look beautiful. Nice photography!

Lindsey said...

What a delightful day!! I'm green with envy. I can't wait to come visit this summer. Hopefully my face will be a little less puffety by then :) What a good mom you are to take your kids on adventures.

SaraPete said...

Those are darling pictures! I miss Portland :(

Jord said...

Are you kidding....your kids look adorable even in their so called grubbies. Those girls would look great in anything. :)

The Plewe Clan said...

What a fun mom you are. We are going to DC this weekend for Hunters wedding...