Tuesday, May 19, 2009

After School Activities

Tonight Camdyn's Activity Day Leaders put on a darling little fashion show. Commentary was given by the Style Co. (2 sisters who do this for a living) on modesty and accessorizing girls of this age, and any age.
Camdyn was nervous to walk down the red carpet, but by the end all the girls were getting into it and even posing at the end for a picture. Brooklyn and Camdyn looked adorable. I love track. I love any sport that gets a kid out running and breathing in fresh air for 2 hours each day after school! Griffin prefers track events but does the running long jump just to check off as his 4th event.


He has stuck with the mile at each meet and continues to set a PR. Today he came in 1st for Pacific 6th grade with a PR of 5:55. He says "it's so hard", but he's so good at it. I told him to keep running this event until his time stops going down.



Kennedy absolutely loves gymnastics. She and Brinley go afterschool once a week and it's the highlight of their week, no doubt. The faced the fear of flipping into the foam pit, and now can't get enough of it.
They'll be sad when summer comes and gymnastics gets put on pause!






6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What fun activities. Camdyn's outfit is so cute, I would totally wear that. Is it hers or did those girls dress her in it? I love that Griff is in track, that's definitely something our kids will do, it's in the Bundy blood. Emma is already faster than every kid her age. I love Kenna's pose for gymnastics. I think it's so important to have your kids involved in activities they can build confidence in.

jenni said...

Yeah for active kids! They are so happy when they have a balance of solid play time in life... hmmm... sounds like me- still a kid, I suppose :)

Lee said...

As you can imagine, I'm all for keeping kids busy and active. Less time to get in trouble w/ friends and waste time with TV and video games.

Kylee said...

I think sports and other after school activities are GREAT for kids, for the same reasons that my mom said. I'm hoping mine will find something they will enjoy.

Jamie Jo said...

Kennedy can bend like a pretzel! I've never been able to do that. I can't even touch my toes.

Ashley May said...

I can't beleive that little curly haired, bouncing in the crib baby is so grown up- and accomplishing so much already. (Okay I can beleive it!..) I will always have a special place in my heart for Griffie (and your other kids..) That is fun to see what they are up to!