Thursday, May 14, 2009

My mom is.....by Camdyn Lake

My mom is nice, helping me clean my room
My mom is a flower lover, smelling flowers all day
My mom is a pet hater, not letting me have a pet
My mom is a TV hater, not liking to have the TV on
My mom is a cook, making meals every day
My mom is very silly, makng me laugh so hard I could cry
Mom mom is a bookworm, reading books all night
My mom is a neat freak, cleaning the house every day
My mom is a cheerleader, screaming me on at my soccer games
My mom is a dentist, putting retainers on and braces on my teeth

By Camdyn Lake


I laughed out loud on that one. She's got me pegged on pets and TV for sure....and no, I don't tell my kids I'm a dentist. It's funny what our children percieve us to be.....I'll say this was pretty right on :>

While getting ready for the church the kids came down and presented all of their creative cards to me. They have been given a great example from thier father on how to treat mom on mother's day. Todd was working, so Griffin helped rally the girls in keeping the house clean and harmony in the home all day. Todd gave me this flower stand for the backyard that I love!
After Brody's nap we did what I love to do on a beautiful cool day, so we hiked up to the top of Multnomah Falls. That trail is steep! I was so proud of the kids for not making ONE complaint! Brody about killed my back. I can tell this is going to be a hard year for hikes, and next year won't be much easier!

Looking down from the top of the Falls.
Ahhh, a lovely spot to enjoy the trail mix awaiting kids who didn't complain (there's always a catch:>)






7 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a fun mother's day! I love the flower stand, it looks like something you would love. That's funny because Bundy got me something similar for mother's day. The hike....I'm so jealous. Way to pack Brody all the way up there :)

Tiffany said...

Wow! I'm impressed that all your kids hiked up to the falls! And no complaints! Wow!

Jamie Jo said...

That's so sweet. My day wasn't quite as I anticipated, but still good. I had requested Rachel write me a song, and she wrote such an awesome one that it made me cry. Sadly, I'm banned from sharing it.

Annie said...

I know you'll keep Camdyn's letter in a safe place for later. How she knows her mother...except for the career! Loved the gift from Todd.

Kylee said...

That poem by Camdyn is awesome! And that hike looks really fun.

jenni said...

Your kids are darling, and you are such a great mom. Happy to read you had a nice mothers day, laughter included :) At Hunter and Aubrey's wedding last weekend, Kelly and I got talking about a need for more "excuses" for cousins to gather doing things we love--- we're looking into another running race this year or next. Stay tuned :)

Catherine said...

You have a beautiful little family! What a great job you and Todd have done!!!