Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blue Man Group meets Miss Piggies

To see what this picture is all about.....you'll have to read the end of this post.
The end of school year is always busy, but seemed to be even more so this year as Griffin was involved in more middle school activities.

He qualified for Districts in the 1600 meter run. Holding steady for 1400 meters, he sprinted in the last 200 passing 3 boys and securing 6th place. I was so proud of him!

What a photo finish!




Griffin also was chosen to be inducted into the National Junior Honor Society. They held a formal program for the new 6th graders based on academics, character, work ethic, standards ect....

The ceremony was held in the evening at Pacific and the kids enjoyed the refreshments to celebrate Griffin's studious work ethic.


Todd and took the kids for a BBQ at the Lake and I dared him to walk all the way across this log in front of the dam. He was half way out before discovering the last log was not anchored onto anything and that water is green!For some reason anything tastes better in the woods, but my own invention of S'mores simply can't be beat! Invite us to a campfire if you want the recipe!



The kids made a "craft" that I had used for cub scouts this week. Edible campfires.

Saturday Todd and I participated in this event I had found downtown Portland called the Great Urban Race. 150 teams of 2 raced throughout Portland, namely the Pearl, PSU, Saturday Market and down Broadway to take digital pictures and complete detours and tasks for 12 clues. Teams are encouraged to dress in costume and although we didn't, we got a kick out of those who did (1st picture at top)!



Looking like a fish at South Park Block.....

This was a stop at the Office Max in the Pearl......


Wearing a plunger and saw "hats" in Saturday Market".

It was fun to see so many teams scampering away in different directions. We came in 30th out of 150. It was a good workout if nothing else.

I've been ready to host one of my own and already had clues ready to go....but got a few good ideas from this event as well. Who's in?















9 comments:

Natalie said...

So, the blue man group dudes, they are dressed as Tobias off of Arrested Development. Hilarious show. If you haven't seen it... you have to. You would love it! (the cut off shorts are because Tobias is a never nude! ahhaha)

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Love the edible campfires! We made those with the girl scouts and they loved them! Hopefully your run wasn't as hot as the Starlight one!!

Kylee said...

I invite you to come camping with us so whenever your ready just come on down!! Now can I get that smore's recipe?! I invited you right? It just might be hard to follow through with that since we're in different states, but I'm always interested in a recipe that has to do with sugar! Oh and I second Natalie, Arrested Development is hilarious!

Jamie Jo said...

What a little runner Griffin is. And honor society? Awesome. That is something my children will never do. We just aren't academics in this house. The race sounded fun. Can't wait to see you!

Annie said...

This is why I love blogs. It was great to see Griffin's many accomplishments and your family adventures. See you not soon enough!

Steph said...

That race sounds like fun! I love the Amazing Race, I just think it's so much fun! Brandon loved eating his edible campfire on Wednesday. What a cute idea!

Vonnie said...

Way to go Griffin! He is such a good looking kid and he can run, what a bonus. Good work hitting the books as well. Your family has such fun activities. Keep it up!

Lindsey said...

So much to respond to. First of all, Griff, what a good kid. I've been telling Ryan how freaked I am to have a boy, I won't know what to do with him. But then he pointed out how rewarding it is to raise a good, rightous, respectful BOY, good girls are a dime a dozen, but neat boys are hard to find. So that makes me feel better. Plus I love hearing posts about Griffin and what a good kid he is, it makes me want one of my own...someday.
I love the girls shirts about being a good witch, I would wear one myself.
I love Todd out on that log, that is funny stuff.
Your race looks so fun, I wish I lived in Portland. I would totally be your friend, or at least do good PR for you.
What else? Brody is a ham bone with those little edible fires, darling idea.
I hope I'm not forgetting anything. Can't wait to see you!!

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Gosh, I have not gotten online in YEARS it feels like. That race looks so much fun. I can't wait to hear about your ideas..