Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer has begun

My cousin Taylor Searle came to visit us for 2 whole weeks, one of which the kids were still in school. We were able to do many things with her added help in the kid dept.

Todd ran the Helvetia Half Marathon. I ran out to mile 5.5 to cheer him on, then ran back to grab the camera and take pictures of him coming in. 1:50:13. Only seconds off his goal time! This was a well organized half with nice finisher tech t's, Helvetia Tavern Burgers and Jamba Juice!

Took the kids to the zoo.....





Brody's first time and he was lovin' it!
Had a Luau with Taylor. The kids decorated themselves and the backyard. Had BBQ pork sandwiches, pineapple and Karen's cookies for dessert!






Went hiking to the McEnry Bridge at Round Lake, ate trail mix and threw rocks in the river.

Went out boating a couple times on the Columbia and Lacamas Lake. Griffin did the knee board but most fun was spent tubing and finding waves the bounce the kids around on.







In true "clean teeth" style I had a plaque check to test how good kids are brushing. It turns the plaque pink and in the process, your tongue as well.






Our favorite neighbors Jeff and Rebecca came to visit on evening for a couple hours. They said we made their top 3 list of things they missed about the Northwest....I think by the end of the evening we bumped Mt. Hood and took 1st! We miss seeing them.

Now the kids are officially 3 days out of school. I'm packing to head to the Mother Land with the 3 youngers and Taylor. Griff is preparing to leave on the Pioneer Trek in the morning for 4 days, 3 nights.








7 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I can't wait for you to get here!!! See you tomorrow!

Kylee said...

What fun activities! I'm excited to see you too!

Madison said...

Thanks for entertaining Taylor so well. I know she has had a wonderful time. I'm excited to see all of you soon!

Ashley May said...

Love the backyard Luau.. how fun is that!

The Morgans said...

I almost did not recognize your youngest girl, she is growing so fast!

Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you guys are here, even though I've only seen you for five minutes. What a busy summer you've had so far. It makes me happy to know you're a journal writer and all these fun events won't be forgotten.

Jord said...

How fun that Taylor could come up for a visit. I'd give anything to be where you are this time of year too!