Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Our best guests

There is always much fun to be had when Annie and Papa come for a visit. Mom and I had a day of walking downtown, through Pearl and along my running route on the waterfront...... Did some antiquing.....

Made some goodies.....

Visited old hot spots....like HOT LIPS PIZZA,



Made crafts for the girls..... Pink glitter pumpkins!




Papa took the kids to Big Al's to play and have dinner while watching the BYU game. No, those aren't Camdyn's real teeth!

We stayed a night at Cannon Beach sans Mr. Boy. He stayed with the Jackson's and had a marvelous time!

Kennedy feeding the birds,Getting our feet wet,
Digging for shells,
A picnic view to rival any other along the Oregon Coast at Ecola Park.
This was one of the warmest days I have even experienced at Cannon....and we stay here a lot!!! After my run on the beach I told the kids they HAD to get in the water with me. After the initial shock, we couldn't get them out.
Papa nearly lost my camera getting these action shots!

Thanks Papa and Annie for a wonderful visit and lots of cherished memories.

7 comments:

cjdustin said...

I love Hot Lips! I used to go there for lunch sometimes when I worked up at OHSU. Wow! That was a long time ago!

Jamie Jo said...

I miss you so much!!!!! I wish I could come have a trip like this with you.

Annie said...

I'm wearing black for the next week...I'm in mourning that the trip had to come to a close. You'll also be seeing most of these pics of yours on my blog! Thanks for the best time ever:)

Nathan and Melissa said...

How warm was it? Looks like you had a blast!

Lindsey said...

Your camera....hello!! It takes the best shots. LOVE those pictures in the waves. Funny that you say it was the warmest day at the beach and the kids still have their hoodies on in pictures. LOVE the pink pumpkins and the candy bouquet. I am SICK that I didn't visit Portland this year, I love the waterfront so hard. Next year will be fun though, little missy girl will be able to be left with the inlaws :)

Thompson Tales said...

Hey Stacey...I am sad, while you were having a wonderful time at the beach, I went to visit you and you were gone!!! I was only in town for one day, so I wasn't able to go back to visit!! I did get to visit Todd, who looks awesome, he is getting better with age!! I will be there in about 2 weeks and I will come to see you!!

tutus n bowties said...

I love the pics at the beach. How fun that Annie was able to come for a visit. Question... what kind of camera do you have? It take the clearest pictures.