Saturday, December 19, 2009

Before and After

Yesterday Todd and I went out on a fancy date. We dined at a Hawaiian Grill, I had the macadamia nut crusted Mahi Mahi....now doesn't that just sound delicious?! Then off to the Keller Auditorium to see the Nutcracker with our complimentary tickets from my sugar mamma Karen. I call her this because she is always hooking us up with freebie tickets and yummy desserts!

This is not part of the fancy date...this is Todd whispering sweet nothings in my ear after a full evening of fun with the kids downtown.


Every Christmas season we take the kids to dine at Spaghetti Factory, see Pionner Place tree, visit Santaland at Macy's and walk the boardwalk along the Waterfront.


The weather was spectacular tonight! So mild out. The Christmas ships were out on the Willamette and we had the best view. The kids loved the sounds the fire engine boat was making. There were about 30 boats in the procession and it looked breathtaking on the water.

Last week w e had Kendall and her girls over for dinner and to make our traditional "candy trains". Her girls were eating them faster than I could glue them together! Kendall watches Brody while I work and these girls are like the little sisters he'll never have. I love this family!

I promised my mother some before and after shots. Here's a little preview:

Now granted....this was taken after Cindy took out all her fabulous belongings. To be fair I should include the before, before of when she lived here.

Before: Cindy's sewing room

After: our study


Before: Living Room
After: our parlor

Before: Arlons study
After: our music room

Todd has been a busy painting boy. I get to do all the taping of the trim work. Although we have several projects we're excited to start on....we're ecstatic about the character of our new home all projects aside.

7 comments:

Lee said...

You and your family are always doing so many fun things together and making so many wonderful memories. Good on ya for that. LOVE the picts of the house. Keep them coming! Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you before Friday!

Lindsey said...

LOVE the dark carpet! LOVE the simplicity of your home. That is a lot of painting Todd has done, looks great though!
Your family fun night is so fun! I'm glad we went to SLC and did something as a family this year, but it will never be as magical as Portland. That makes me excited to hopefully come next year for Thanksgiving.

Thompson Tales said...

Looking great so far!!! can't wait to come and see the house!! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

Jamie Jo said...

I love before and after pictures. I told the kids last night that you must be having the time of your life making your dream home your own. I hope we can come be guests in it soon.

Annie said...

Thank you so much for the pictures. It was the first thing I did today after we got home from Boise! See you in 5 days.

cjdustin said...

Looks awesome! You probably don"t have enough stuff to fill that place. That's a good feeling!

tutus n bowties said...

I'm glad you made it to the Nutcracker! How fun. Question...would you ever want your girls to take dance lessons? Just wondering. P.s. your house is looking super cute!