Sunday, January 24, 2010

ringlets and races

Last Sunday Kennedy was invited to a baptism preview. I could hardly believe that my little girl would be old enough to be baptized and start going to activity days!
Brody gets into the "cheese" action whenever I have the camera out.
She is staying little enough to let me curl her hair in raggy ringy's for church though.

The other birthday treat I gave myself was to sign up for the Vancouver Lake half marathon with my friend Cyndee and her husband Tim. Cindy and I finished in 1:35, a 7:18 average pace.... each getting an award for placing in the top 3 of our age bracket. There were several other friends from our club there as well. This was at the end....after we'd be drenched with rain!!!!

Cyndee and I have been running partners for years and this was the first event we've done together....in the past we've just supported each other in the others endevours. She wanted to qualify for the NYC marathon by doing this half in 1:44. I am in a younger bracket and my time had to be 1:39, so she would run this time with me. Neither of us trained properly and felt a decent amount of apprehension about our initial goal. The odds were against us since our only training runs had been a few 8 milers. Sooo it was a pleasant surprise to us both when we finished minutes ahead of our initial goal in 1:35! She took 2nd in her age group and I took 3rd in mine. It was a great run but the last mile at a 7:05 pace about did me in!!! Her hubby Tim finished about 10 sec ahead of us.







8 comments:

Annie said...

You did a good job with the rags and your run! I'm proud of you:0

Thompson Tales said...

Great job!! It was great seeing you and your beautiful new home. I am still amazed at anyone who can run any type of race that is longer then 400 meters!!

Lee said...

trust you to set a lofty goal for yourself on your birthday. Way to go! I couldn't even keep that pace up for a mile- I'm pretty sure. When's your next marathon?

Lindsey said...

Wow!! It's so inspiring to see that kids doesn't HAVE to suck the life force out of you. I hope you do the NYC, that would be so fun. But at least you've done an Iron Man AND the Boston Marathon, so it's not like you don't have enough things to be proud of :)
Kenna looked JUST like Camdyn in that photo. It makes me sad to see your kids growing up, because that means my kids will be hot on their tails.

The Plewe Clan said...

Seriously...you are amazing!

tutus n bowties said...

I'm loving your flower in your hair! SO eye popping. Okay, let's talk running. I'm in desperate need of motivation. I haven't been feeling the greatest as of late so therefore my working out has been suffering greatly. I can suck it up if I have motivation and I need it from someone like you. What do you recommend I do. Start running again or go with something more mellow like yoga/Pilates?

jenni said...

Way to go Stacey! You are an AMAZING runner!

SaraPete said...

I'm with Lee, I couldn't even run 1 mile in 7 minutes! You are a freak of nature....in a good way:)