Friday, February 12, 2010

All I want for Valentines day is.....

Freshly cut wood to keep us warm....TOO warm when Todd is home. He has all the fireplaces going. As he says "Honey, I'm a fireman!" A freshly mowed pasture on a cloudy springlike day.
And best of all, a freshly painted breezeway! I told Todd all my wishes only involve a little manual labor. Forget the jewelry, flowers and chocolates. I'm a low maintenance girl. Only I do wish for high maintenance handyman help! Which Todd happens to have in abundance.


Griffin had his end of year soccer party with pizza, basketball, bowling, swimming and awards. Words from his coach were very praiseworthy. He's been on this team 3 years and we're going for a 4th next month in tryouts.

The little girls and Brody had a Valentines Party while Todd was at work. We played some games, hide n go seek (this house is the best for that....especially at night with ALL the lights out) had a red dinner and made these valentines to give away to a special friend.

Griffin had friends over the night before for pizza, games, video games and and LOTS of chocolate treats!
How many 13/14 year old boys can get together for a fun, clean evening of fun AND all happen to be well polished on the piano. Todd asked Stephen to play a song he'd heard him play over Christmas. He is amazing!!!
I love that the boys can have lots of room to hang out and not be too bothered by the girls...and us not be bothered too much by them :>

I got 6 inches knocked off my hair last week and told my sissy's I'd send a picture. It feels so short! Brody's still stickin with his signiture smile (eyes closed).
Last week we had Austin for 5 day while his parents were away. These boys were great to come home and do homework.....
and practice piano, read and help out with the girls. Plus a little bit of hanging out in Griff's room playing games. It's like they were college roommates!

11 comments:

Kylee said...

I like the hair! And I'm with you on valentine's presents.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

I love your hair! I miss not seeing you!

Teresa said...

Stacey,
I finally found you...for a few weeks I have been rackinng my brain trying to remember your blogs name. I miss you and having someone around who is so optimistic! I do not know how you fit everything into your life, any pointers....bring em on!
I work with a wonderful gal named Steph who is best friends with the Elmerrs daughter. She grew up in your house and has lots of memories.It feel's good to have someone linking me to my old roots in Vancouver...it really is a small world. I am working as Treatment coordiantor for Dr Ensley and love working with such great families and walking then through the process of getting braces! It has been a great thing working only 10 min form home. BONUS!!!Ashley is doing great with school and looking into an exchange program for one year.Frank and the kids are just the best. I have more time at home and it has been good for all of us.
Anyway now that I know how to find you I will pop in and say hi!
Take care,
Teresa

Thompson Tales said...

All I want for valentines day is a decision about moving!!! oh, and breakfast in bed, which i got this morning!! i didn't know that griffin played piano!

Annie said...

Love your hair and the newsy blog. You are the one I look most forward to reading! Can't wait to see you.

jenni said...

What a fun party for both the boys and girls! You're a pro-mom host! Happy V-day, and cute hair!

cjdustin said...

I saw you the other day at the gym and I thought your hair was shorter. Good to see all those boys playing the piano!

Joyce Anne said...

I like the haircut also. Such a cute family and it looks like the house is coming along great. It is so nice to have the space while the kidos are around. It usually seems to be the other way around. When the family all leaves, we are at a spot where we can afford a bigger home. Good for you.

Kendall said...

I love how you want a freshly mowed "pasture"...not lawn..PASTURE! Thanks for the having the girls over. They had a great time and I loved the break.

tutus n bowties said...

Loving the hair! I just made an appointment the other day to get mine cut on my birthday...we are talking Audrey Hepburn short! I hope I don't chicken out.

Lee said...

Hey stace- I love seeing updates of your family. You have the cutest family around. Will you leave your hair this length or grow it longer again? You look gorgeous however. Tell Todd good job on the maintenance gift of love :) What did he want from YOU???