Wednesday, March 3, 2010

March Forth

This picture is out of order....I took it tonight after we got home. Words can't express the gratitude we feel to friends and family who have shared their sincere sorrow and prayers for this sudden loss. Cards, flowers, home baked goodies and several phone calls that continue to come in. It has really made us step out of our own sorrows to see this sweet show of support and hope that we can return this love to our friends in their hour of need.
Exactly 3 years ago our little Brody Skeen Lake finally got his turn to come to Earth. We were excited about the fact, although I was a week overdue....that he would share the same birthday as his Papa Steve Lake. So here's a Happy Birthday to Lago (Papa Steve) who would be turning 68 today.
Last week while at work Todd received a call from his mother at 4 a.m. telling him of his father's passing from an unexpected heart attack.
Todd said tonight how all of it has happened so fast, from hearing the shocking news... making all the necessary funeral arrangements.... picking up family coming in from Utah, California and New York to preparing words that would be spoken at the funeral service, and finally having to bury his father. It all happens so fast that it's hard to wrap your mind around how much this will impact not only the 5 surviving Lake children, the grandchildren but mostly, Todd's mother.
We all take comfort in knowing that Steve is not only with his son Derek who passed away 7 years ago, but also his own father.
Brody's birthday March 4th 2007
Pall Bearers March 3rd 2010

The grandchildren scattering white roses on Steve's casket and Dereks gravesite.

"I have fought a Good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith" 2 Timothy 4:7
This was a verse printed on the program and referenced from the sons towards their dad. A loving tribute. I just want to say what a GOOD man Steve was. I am so thankful that my husband shares so many if the great qualities of his father. Steve had a very genuine nature about him and we will truly miss having his loving presence in our lives.
The good that has come out of this was all the sweet moments we had together as a family. The cousins were so devoted and loving to eachother. Spread from West Coast to East Coast they hardly get to be together. Gathering at our home and at the services and late into the night at G&G Lakes home were wonderful times spent together.

Griffin and Jaden Garner, Cole, Brody and Zack

Mikelle, Kennedy and Kayla
McKenna and Cammy

16 comments:

Joyce Anne said...

Stacey, It is so hard when these things happen. We know that it is part of the process to return to our Heavenly Father, but it leaves such a big hole in our families. I am sorry for your loss.

SaraPete said...

This just breaks my heart for Todd and especially Beverly. Life has so many unexpected turns, that it is so important to keep close family bonds and to live our lives to the fullest.

Jamie Jo said...

Give Todd my love again and another big hug. I didn't know that Brody and Steve shared a birthday. I think shared birthdays are so fun. That's neat for him to have a connection like that to a Grandpa that he will likely not remember. That's a good way to keep that bond strong. Will Beverly be moving in with Heather, or has she decided anything yet?

Nicole Jackson said...

The picture of all the men and boys holding the casket made me cry! I didn't know that they shared the same birthday either. It is neat that all the family was able to come and have some good times together even though the circumstances are hard. I think Toddie needs some more bread.

Sister Kaylie Victoria Crofts said...

Stacey, So sorry for your family's loss! That is so hard! Love, Julie

teamZ said...

It is cool that Brody and Papa Lake share the same birthday. We are sorry for your loss.

Dannielle said...

As I was reading it I thought something happen to Brody -- hope you Todd and your family are okay - that is hard. Robb's dad died over the summer.

Thompson Tales said...

I am so sad for Todd and his family. I did not know that his Dad had passed away. My thoughts are with him and your family.

cjdustin said...

We love you guys and hope that all is well in the coming days. It will be hard but you are strong. Cassidy's bday is today too. What a special day for your family.

Steph said...

Stacey, I am so sorry for your and your family's loss. It is hard to lose a parent and grandparent. You and Todd are in our thoughts and prayers. What a special thing Brody will always be able to share with his Papa.

Ashley May said...

I know how hard it was for your family when you lost Derek. I was shocked to hear of your loss and I cannot imagine the grief your family must feel. But you are right, that is so great that Derek and his father are together again! I wish the best for your family.
Love-Ashley

The Great Lakes of NY said...

This is such a sweet post, Stacey. I'm crying as I write this. We really miss you guys! I'm so grateful to feel reconnected to your sweet family. I absolutely love you and your family. I haven't even downloaded pics yet, but please, let's share. YOu've got some great pics on here!! Thanks for everything. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Vonnie said...

I was so sad to hear about the pasing of Todd's dad,. So sad. I send a card to your old address and I hope you eventually receive it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

The Morgans said...

i am sorry to hear about your lose.We love todd and hope that he is doing alright

tutus n bowties said...

I'm so sorry about your father-in-law. He looked like an amazing guy. Your family is in our prayers.

The Plewe Clan said...

I am so sorry to hear of your father-in-laws passing. I wish I would have read your blog sooner...