Monday, May 10, 2010

Befores and Afters


  While it's been raining I've had a few inside projects, such as texturing and painting walls and more walls.  My favorite is the downstairs bath which I didn't happen to post.  The kitchen BEFORE and AFTER.




Brody's room BEFORE and AFTER

Todd has been hard at work outside.  My girlfriends who drive by a few times a day say they see him outside all the time.  Anyone who knows him knows that working a riding lawn mower he's like a kid at Christmas!
Front walkway BEFORE and AFTER





These bushes were very hard to remove, only once the chain came in did they come right up out of the ground.  He also transplanted all the hydrangeas along the front and replaced those with a large hedge and boxwood hedge along the walkway.


The purple blooms on the wisteria in the backyard are gorgeous! And what front porch is complete without furniture to get comfy and watch the sunset from?  We already enjoy sitting out here and visiting at night or as we wait for the school bus.

My current project is the girls room.  I wanted to texture and paint it....and I do believe it may be the last painting project for a long while!!!  Let's just say this is one time consuming project!


In order to get everything out of the way we moved it into the hall and our bedroom.  I just wanted to show proof to those who think my house is always clean....that it's looked like this for 4 days and now I'm going to repaint again since I wasn't happy with the end result I am going for!

10 comments:

Annie said...

Have you cloned yourself? I DO NOT see how you get everything done! I love the green walls of Brody's room. Much better. I can't imagine that you need to redo the girls room though. It must be pretty awful to even consider it and I can't believe that it is. Todd must be in heaven with all the chores...I'm serious! I hope he moved the hydrangeas and not to the trash. Do you know what we would give to be able to grow them in Utah? Finally the porch furniture...an investment never to be regretted. LOVE. LOVE.

Nicole Jackson said...

holy crap girl I don't know where you get your energy from, and you don't even drink caffeine!!! I must come over and see all the new changes in person and I think I might need an invite to see the sunset now that it's finally getting nice.

Thompson Tales said...

How do you accomplish everything? I love the new outdoor furniture...we sit outside all the time, we love to be out there!!! even though i would rather be in the northwest watching the sunset! i will be there in about a month, so i will stop by!!

Vonnie said...

Wow, you have all been very busy! It looks great. I'd love to see it in person some day.

jrushing said...

Wow lots of work! It looks great!

Carrie said...

You are talented.

Lee said...

I'm soooo excited to see you guys and your house in a few short weeks! We may never want to leave. Is that a problem?

Steph said...

It all looks so nice! Great job!

Jamie Jo said...

Can't wait to see it in living color. I texturized my room last year, and I love it. Mine is a very thick and bumpy but I love it. However, it was such a chore to paint because of all the little nooks and cranies. I will never repaint that room. I hope whoever lives here someday likes that color.

The Morgans said...

Good Job You do such amazing things, 1 day we may have to collabarate! I love projects..