Friday, June 25, 2010

Guests in The Loft


The Jensens came to stay with us 2 days after school got out.  They got in late Thursday.  Friday we went walking and biking along the Lacamas Heritage Trail, then loaded up 13 bikes and headed down to have a picnic on the Columbia River then drove into Portland and biked all along with Willamette, over the Hawthorn Bridge to Jamison Square Fountain and had giant Breadsticks at Hot Lips Pizza before heading back over the Steel Bridge and along the Eastbank Esplande.  Nice biking weather.






Saturday the adults went to Monticello Antiques, the temple and to Saturday Market.  Kids swam when we got home and had yummy dinner and dessert.  Watched movies, played games.

Father's Day wasn't quite so nice, but we went out to hike inspite of the drizzle to the footbridge at Round Lake.


We had a big brunch when we got home. I spoke in sacrament meeting.  Had a yummy dinner and cheesecakes for Father's day.  Played more games.

Monday we all hiked Multnomah Falls while my girls were at soccer camp and Brody with Maddie Jackson.  The hike was beautiful!  Todd took everyone out on the boat to go tubing on Lacamas Lake.  Lee stayed with me and sewed tons of curtains, hemmed and did mending!!!  Whoo-hoo.  I am really not good at  sewing, puts me in a foul mood.  We had salmon burgers on the Traeger for dinner and did our special Lake Family smores out by my new garage sale fire pit.
I must say this is a very easy family to entertain and board.  SO helpful w/ meals and the kids, ON TIME and game for  all our activities.  And when anyone comes to visit, hiking and outdoor activities are always on the agenda. I can't gather that many bikes again....which is too bad, cause that is one of the funnest ways to see Portland!   They've set the bar pretty high. I need to think of another name to call the guest suite above the garage.  Annie said the Marriott, but that may be confusing.  The "Bonus Room" is too played.  Lee said "The Loft". All I have to say is that I love just sending company up there and not having to worry about another thing!

7 comments:

Lindsey said...

yeah for new blog posts! I love "the loft" title. I can't wait for our guest visit and to see the kids and see this house that everyone has been RAVING about :) Thanks for taking them to get an elephant ear. I know it's hard to have an agenda and then have someone trying to add detours to what you already have planned..."too many cooks in the kitchen" as Sara says.

Lee said...

Great post! I can't wait to do mine. EVERYTHING we did was sooo much fun. We love your family so much. Thanks again for planning so many fun things for us. It was the best vacation! We all loved it.

Kylee said...

We had SOOO much fun staying with you guys. Your kids are so cute and so hilarious, we definitely had a great time with them! You and Todd are the best for all the hard work you did for us. Thanks again!

jenni said...

Your family knows how to have fun. Great post :)

Ashley May said...

Sounds like a fun vacation for your family. Can I book a night at the loft? JUST KIDDING! :) That is fun that you still spend time with your aunts and cousins. Some people think I'm crazy for still wanting to spend time with my cousins... but I know you know just how much I love them. Anyways.. I see you guys played the M&M game with the straws... that game is the best!

Jord said...

What a fun trip! I am sure you all had a great time together and enjoyed hanging out outside.

mary erickson said...

I cannot wait for the day when I can come and stay with you for a couple days and get to know these darling children better. I would be happy just to hang out at your house.