Thursday, June 24, 2010

Winding up the School Year


I'm feeling guilty for the times I haven't drug my camera along for the kids end of school year activities.  Sometimes it's just one more bulky thing to cart along!  My digital camera pales in comparison to this one, so I rarely like to even use it.  This was Kennedy's first piano recital.  She did wonderful!  Griffin taught himself an awesome song by learning it on U-tube and played it as one of his pieces.

The kids love for us to come to Pride Night at the shcool and see the projects they've been working.  Kennedy and Mrs Distant w baby Elise and Camydn w Mrs Williams.
Camdyn and Katie were in the same class together and would practice the recorders for hours at our house.  On the day of the performance they had gotten to double white belt and their friend Gabe got double black belt.....meaning they'd learned ALL the songs and then extra.

Thursdays I looked forward to going to Griffin's track meets and timing him as he continued to break his PR in the mile from meet to meet.  He made it to Districts in the mile and 800.  He and his friend Caleb who were baptized on the same day ran in the 800 together.  Why do I not have tons more photos of them as they were growing up together!  Why do I have no pictures of Camdyn at her track meet and Griffin at his awards ceremony?!!
The week before school got out we took a little road trip to a soccer tournament in Pasco Washington, up the Gorge about 3 1/2 hours away.  It was sunny and warm there!  The kids loved staying in the hotel and swimming with thier teammates, getting pizza and playing 3 games one day and then to the semi finals the next.  I was ready to come back to the rain.....which we've had in abundance!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your camera seems sooo much better than mine, and they're the exact same! Your action shots are never blurry. I think it's great to have your kids involved in sports and activities that will be put to good use some day and actually take them somewhere. Can't wait to come this summer!

Nicole Jackson said...

I love the shot of Griff and Caleb that one is a keeper!! I'm glad that the end of the year craziness is over but it still seems crazy busy?!?

Ashley May said...

Your kids are accomplishing so much... which is no surprise to me. That Griffin especially... he is amazing. I still find myself telling people about what a good kid he is! He will always hold a special place in my heart. I know that's cheesy.. oh well!