Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas on Ingle Road

Christmas Eve morning it's been a tradition of mine to do the 6 mile Waffle Run with my running friends from Lacamas.  The last few years Griffin has joined me for the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and the Waffle Run.  He and I ran at 7a.m. with the club then Todd brought the girls and Brody up for the breakfast and we did our own shortened version family walk/run through the neighborhood.


Christmas Eve
Uncle Matt joined us for our Evening Festivities
Dinner, musical numbers by eveyone, even Brody, the Nativity and Mr. Kruegar's Christmas.
 The kids favorite part of the night is our Family Trivia.  Griffin came in 1st but Brody held is own on a few questions as well!




 The kids and I read a story Papa Trace scrapbooked himself  several years ago
 Every year these kids say "this was the best Christmas ever!"  Brody was soooo excited over his vintage lot of poseable Care Bears, 12 in all and his pillow pet!  Some of the older kids faves were:
 Kennedy and her American Girl Doll Emily


 Camdyn got a new ipod touch shuffle

 And Griff is content with 2 x-box games and a few clothes
 Brody was hilarious with all his excitement
 My big sister Jamie made me this beautiful quilt!  I was so surprised and honored to have such a thoughtful gift of love!  It will definitely get used in this "Drafty Old  House" (that's a line from It's a wonderful life)
 Beveryly gave us a new flat screen for our upstairs bonus room so our guests and all the kids and their friends will have no excuses to wanting to watch and play on the downstairs TV :>  I got Todd a memory foam gel mattress topper. He likes his sleep comfort.


 Brody's got all his goods packed up and ready to play the day away!
 Stocking frenzy!!!!
Todd had the house spic n span pretty much RIGHT after the gifts were opened.  I made Lee's french toast.  Kids played with their toys, Todd and I went for a lovely run and we went to see Gulliver's Travels with Matt, Tami and kids this afternoon.  Cheesy, but a good family movie.

Our kids are still telling us "thank you" for such a wonderful Christmas.  I love how it's filled with the spiritual aspects as well as the warm fuzzy traditions that I had as a little girl that make the holiday so special.  Now it's time to bed in for one more Christmas movie, a roaring fir, Joni's chex mix and then take it all down and start the sugar detox!!!!

6 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad you texted me a picture of the quilt on the phone, because my computer didn't load the picture from your blog. Tell the family Merry Christmas and that we love them.

Jessica said...

looks like you had a great christmas! love the quilt and I love your family! And your house! :)

Annie said...

The girls look like twins in one picture! I love that pillow pet of Brody's....haven't seen that one. Glad you had a wonderful two days. Joining you on the sugar detox. Wish New Year's Eve didn't come so soon. That will set my plan back to eat good:)

tutus n bowties said...

I love that Griffin is joining you for the fun holiday runs! What a fun tradition you have started. It looks like you had a magical Christmas indeed!

Thompson Tales said...

Dang, Brodys hair is gettig so dark!!! The quilt your sister made is adorable!

Kendall said...

What a fun Christmas! Long time no see, huh?! One of these days I'm gonna steal Mr. Boy and head to the zoo.