Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Griffin, you're not the mother!

That is what Camdyn is always telling Griffin when he's attempting to create order in our house. I bribed her with a dollar to be good while Griffin was in charge this week and it worked! Smitten with Brody, that is what Griffin is. He is there in the morning to greet him into a new day.....that is if he can beat his sisters to the punch. Usually what happens to poor Brody is that his door is opend amidst crying and wailing and tears over who was or wasn't the first one in to get him up out of bed. The novelty wears off quickly as he is then dumped into my arms or set on the floor to fend for himself and we finish getting the kids ready and out the door.
Griffin babysat for me today while I worked at the Orthodontist office for 7 hours! He had all 3 of the younger kids and did such a great job. He's 11 going on 21 I swear! I came home at lunch to feed the kids and change Brody. He had changed a dirty diaper that morning and put him down for both of his naps. There was one incident that occured that sent me straight home 20 min sooner than I was going to leave. He called to say Kennedy had been stung by another wasp and was throwing up! (Allergic reaction? I didn't know and he was crying). I rushed home to find her at the nieghbors sipping on a cup of juice curled up in front to the tv. Lost in translation from Camdyn to Griffin to me was that her wasp bite from yesterday was "swelling up". It did look pretty bad. All in all he did exactly what I woud have wanted him to do and had the house spotless. What a great kid. I thought it was sweet that both he and Camdyn were crying for Kennedy and her poor finger. It's now spread onto her hand and looks quite puffy and sore.
The last week in Feb. we had glorious weather. I took the kids on a couple of hikes and it was warm out. We hiked through the trails to get an ice cream and played outside all day. Griffin and Caleb Browning have been friends for about 8 years. They got baptised on the same date and are in the same class together this year in school (per my request). He is a good example and a very polite kid to have in our home. I love that they can entertain themselves outside all day long without the need of video games. That is my criteria numero uno in a friend.....But alas Mr. Rain came back.......
And just this last week we had snow flurries and hail. The girls think it's so fun to go jump on the trampoline in the hail wearing skirts and tank tops. Kids!!! They were frozen red when they came in. It was so cold in fact last week that I actually decided to for-go my run and swam laps at the club instead. If you know me well, that means it had to be really cold!

3 comments:

Annie said...

"You're not the boss of me" still rings in my ears all these years later. Hopefully no one will ever get the butcher knife out!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Brody is so cute! I love how into him the older kids are. I'm always kinda sad to think I have to let go of having it be just the three of us right now (Emma, Ryan, myself) but then I read your blog and all the fun things you do and realize it will only get better. Right? Right!!?

Jamie Jo said...

I wonder what your idea of cold is. We've had to deliver the papers in minus degrees and snow. No good! I can't wait for Brody and Milly to play this summer. I hope they will be good friends.