Friday, April 18, 2008

One mans junk is another mans treasure

Dang, I wish I had taken a picture just now of my front room in the height of my "de-junk this entire house" kick. It's either move or down scale in a major way. For now I'll have to settle for down scale. I gather bags for the DI every month and still more accumulates! In my front room which serves as our office I just went through each and every drawer, pulling our papers left and right. Junk, donate and organize or rearrange. Todd hates the "mess" it makes when I deep clean. Good thing he's working the next 72 hours. He especially doesn't love it when I start going through all his clothes that he never wears. Ryan doesn't mind that part so much :>

Too bad my sissy's and aunties don't live near by cause I have some good stuff that I want out of here! I'll think about hanging on to it if mom is driving up. The last time they came I sent home boxes and boxes of clothes. That Jeep Liberty is quite deceiving!!

Does anyone suppose I inherited Annie's love for deep cleaning?? I remember coming home from school and mom would have our rooms spic and span, detailed and cleaned from top to bottom every few months. We were in charge of regular bed making and pick up but that woman happily did the rest. I even recall the times we girls would take it upon ourselves to switch rooms or rearrange when mom and dad were away. Dad would say "pick up your rooms girls!" and we'd go over to the wall and try to lift it up with our hands. We thought we were pretty clever.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

That's funny that we were just talking about this. I've been up since 4:00 am and wish I was I could be at my house deep cleaning now that you've got me thinking about it. Hey I posted this interesting blog, or at least interesting to me. I really thought of you when I read the story, and I want you to go and read it, and don't skim :) Then check out her pictures.

Lee said...

not much makes me feel happier than to dejunk, deep clean and rearrange. i'm hiring jessica right now to deep clean for me while she looks for a "real" job- but it's just not the same as doing it myself. i'm so busy lately w/ blogging and scrapbooking (one for jess for graduation) that it's been nice

Nicole Jackson said...

Let me know when the pile is ready for me to come and look at!? J/K It seems like you just de-junked, but after hearing the story about when you were a kid, I think I now understand where you get it from. Annie has rubbed off on you in many ways. Are you tired yet?