Monday, April 21, 2008

tiny hole in the skull

I'll blame this one on our bad weather....Kennedy went outside to watch the hail storm around 8:30 and when she and Griffin started playing back and forth with the front door, somewhere on the doorhandle dug hard into her forehead. I hear Griffin apologizing and then screams from both he and Camdyn as blood is drippind down her face. I run down to see what is going on and calmly look at Kennedy while yelling at the other two to knock it off since thier cries were scaring her more than anything. It's just a tiny cut but since it was an open little wound, sure to scar I had to be sure. Emailed this picture to Todd who suggested I take her in to Urgent Care.
Two hours later (we got there at 9:30 and left at 11:40) Kennedy was all dressed up and ready to "get this over with". She did great through the shot and the stitching.
Even the Dr. was amazed at what a brave little girl she was. I offered her a late night treat on the way home and she was happy as could be.

I told her this would be our own little adventure, just the two of us. She didn't think it was going to be much of an adventure, but in the end she was pretty pleased to have a treat and get to sleep with mom. She even woke up the kids to show them her stitch.

6 comments:

Lee said...

head wounds are so traumatic! i'm glad she fared so well. kids love war wounds to tell about. now that cam had experienced a broken arm in a cast, he's ready for a broken leg cause then he'll get crutches!

Dannielle said...

Ouch! Poor Kennedy but she did great! Glad it wasn't too bad but still stressful I'm sure!

Lindsey said...

Bummer about the stitches. Try putting "mederma" on it to prevent scarring, it has really heloped with Emma's many scars on her head. And be sure to keep sunblock on it even if it is raining outside, I guess the sun is what makes it go white and noticable.

piece of work said...

Stacey, It's nice to see Kennedy being such a trooper. Don't worry, I am still priming Wyatt to hang with Kennedy and he digs scars.
Tell Todd and "Gug and the slugs" Hi.
POW

Jamie Jo said...

Poor Kenny! She looks brave and happy though. I've been through a lot of cuts and stitches with you girls. Remember Lindsey's tongue, and Sara's head at Yevon's when we were little? Would you believe none of my kids have ever needed stitches yet? P.S. Your blue on blue ink was very hard to read for my old lady eyes. Mom, Carol, and Lindsey complained on my pink ink, so I changed to green. I guess some of us have worse eye sight than others. I'll have to call Kenny today to check on her.

The Skeen's said...

Sorry to hear about the wound. Talk to Kelly about wounds and stitches - I think Carter is being held together by thread and bandages.