Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Family Ties

Since we are some of the few who reside out of Utah, our visits are filled with many visits. Logan is a hot spot of warmth, welcome and when time permits....sleep-overs, pot lucks, entertainment and games. Having the mecca of cousins willing to babysit my kids is a bonus as well :>














My mother's sisters are some of the best aunts a girl could ask for. They have always been so good to me as a little girl and now to my own family and small children. I feel a close bond to all of my mom's 4 sisters and love spending time with them. Even Todd enjoys coming to visit and partaking of thier hospitality.
Above Top: My littlest sister Lindsey and The Jensen clan (I know, it's hard to tell which one is the mom :>)


My aunt Carol is an inspiration to us all. She is raising 4 beautiful children and continues to be a pillar of light and strength.
The Pete's had us over for dinner. Some say Sar and I look alike, infact the other day at Annies Jaken saw my picture on the fridge and thought it was his mommy. Hmm, must be the hair, cause when it was dark I looked like Linny.

Linny's little Emma was so funny! Where's "Toad"? She would ask.
This is a funny tale of how powerful the mind can be. Linny had us for dinner and my Mom made this dessert. Apple dumplings. It smelled wonderful. The boys were served and were raving over the yumminess. I was served, took a bite and even though it was supposed to taste good, something was amiss. I said "it's really yummy mom, but something in it doesn't taste sweet.". Linny gave me this look like "yeah, it's sick", but we politely kept eating because the boys thought it was great. Ryan tasted Linny's and said "yuck, garlic". Mom came home and searched all the ingredients. No garlic. I told her to check the cresent roll packages and sure enough ONE of them was garlic! Nice, what a waste of calories! I made up for it later by eating something more yummy :>
Linny bought Emma this bunny. Brody was more smitten with him than the coyote, but that is another post. I however, am not an animal lover. I still get the heebie jeebeez when I think about that sicky sick snack around my neck. YUCK!!!!

10 comments:

Papa Trace said...

Stacey, I am so glad that you had a good time on your visit to UT. 60 years later I still cherish the fond memories of being watched by my uncle Ellis and aunt Emily when folks tripped to Utah from OR. There is nothing more precious than family truly caring, praying and cheering for each other. Griffin is still the best little cheerleader I have seen and brings a smile whenever I think of "You can do it, Cody. Just say 'I can do it.'"

Lee said...

great pictures stace- and nice sentiments. you're too kind. i'm sure it won't be a problem for people to spot which one is the mom :) too bad the rest of my family wasn't there to be in the pict. all the same poses were cute- and i love the color coordinated clothes in the bundys picture!

Lee said...

oh and i love that trace has become a commenter! doesn't it make you happy! to all you non-commenters out there- what's your problem? bloggers love to read comments about their posts!

Lindsey said...

Yeah that was just so fun having you come. It's always such a buzz around here when your family comes to town. Thanks for coming over! Can't wait to do it again in a few months.

Jamie Jo said...

I can't read the red!!! Why doesn't my computer show the cute pages?

Kylee said...

It was so fun to see you, Todd and your cute little boy! I'm glad you had such a fun time!

Ashley May said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun in Utah! It was fun watching the kids.. it's been awhile since I have had quality time with them. :O) That story about the garlic dessert is so funny! I have to say though, it is the worst when you take the time to make something and it doesn't turn out! I made rolls yesterday and they didn't rise, they looked like hockey pucks! YUCK! What a waste of time!

Stacey said...

Ashley, one time I made lemon bars three times cuz they weren't turning out right! That's a lot of butter to mess up on. It's sort of par for the course (at times :>) for my mom. Sara said "sounds about right" when I told her that story. One time making that same dish she almost used fish oil in place of vanilla extract!

Annie said...

Hay, wait a minute...jerks!

Stacey said...

Mom, you do make the best knot rolls and that coconut cream pie...yuuuummmm, wait that was Costco :>
J/K you really can outdo yourself with your new dishes and NO ONE beats your presentations!