Wednesday, May 21, 2008

He/She and pedicures for three

I've recieved 4 pedicure's in my life. They've all been gifts from mom or my sisters. Linny suggested we go with the French. Ooh la la. The bottoms of my feet are doomed, never to be soft again.
I'm pretty sure I'm the Meg Ryan of placing an order in my family. I'm not big into eating out since what I make at home is so delicious...rivaling my favorite restaurants at half the price. I finally place a picky-ticular order, then realize I'm not even that hungry, cancel it and decide to split with mom. We then got a slice of Great Harvest Bread after and it was perfect :>
It was HOT out when we came downtown to pick up our packets. The atmosphere was very festive and I was excited for Todd and I to be doing this together. I made a few purchases at the vendors. The sunglass guy and I became friends and he cut me a deal before I even had to ask! Probably because I'd been there for 20 minutes trying so many on. I b0ught three :>
All the sissy's came up for a pasta feed.....my Ravioli Lasanga (because I prefer my meals over eating out), Sara's salad and Linny's most delicious rolls. Here's the secret before a race that I learned over the course of a few marathons. Stay away from dairy and fruit the day before. That really limits my favorite loves but has worked for me ever since I tried it. We stayed up late sitting in the hot tub and exchanging gifts. Sara, Jamie, didn't you girls get any?
This person above kept a stake out all night in this chair. It was really buggin. Especially when people would come up to the darkened room and not even notice he/she was there! Is it a man or a woman? Hey Buddy!
We made Cody do his gorilla man walk to see if this person in the chair would budge or crack a smile. Didn't work. Although he/she did scare Cody when he came up the next morning to drive Sara and I to the start. I do think he/she also scared Bundy when he emerged from the basement, but Trace was oblivious to this intruder in his home.

7 comments:

Claire said...

I've seen that head before! It was in a tent once when we went camping w/ your fam--scary! I also remember it in conjunction with the "would you rather" game. Anyhow, looks like you had (are having?) a great time in Utah and congrats on the marathon!

Stacey said...

Claire, Todd made a new all time favorite one-liner in conjunction with the head in Vegas..."Hey, buddie". You say that while kicking the bed that the head is asleep in, wearing Annie's sleeping mask mind you. What outcome he was hoping for we'll never know. We were laughing too hard.

Joyce Anne said...

Stacey, the guy in the chair is a bit freaky...Ask your Mom about the time we went to a really scary movie and went back to my house to spend the night. There was a hand coming out of one of the drawers on my dresser. It had something to do with my Dad who had an arm and leg amputated after being injured in a tank during the war and artificial limbs. Oh my gosh...Talk about screaming teenagers. We loved it.

Annie said...

Nothing is as good as having artificial limbs, that are for a real person, to use as scare props. The funnest part of the "arm" scare in Joyce's basement was the kick her dad and mom got out of it.

Lee said...

that person reminds me of a certain appearance of a sleeping person in the hotel in Vegas! this one is much more believable. funny!

Lee said...

woops- i didn't read the other comments before i made mine! reference was already made to the vegas "person" funny story about joyce and annie. pranks are the best jerry, the best!

Lindsey said...

What more freaky? The head or Cody's gorilla walk? Bundy has a pretty freaky four legged walk that I think rivals both the head and Cody's walk.