Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Maid to Order

Another normal summer day when daddy is away at work......I slept in this a.m. with the kids until Brody woke us up at 8:00. Got the kids breakfast....although Kenna is our sleepy head and doesn't wake until around 10:00.
In my continual efforts to save on gas :> I rode up to the gym @9:30 to teach spin/abs and rode home. The kids stayed home and gave Brody his morning nap.



Quickly made the kids lunch....I serve all their meals on these trays from Restoration Hardware. I love how they remind me of school lunches. Plus it's more fun to eat healthy stuff when it's all compartmentalized.

Took the girls to swim lessons across town with the Swim Nazi. Yes, that's what she's sort of known as....but I like her "no non-sense style"! Oddly enough, the girls don't seem to mind it at all.
During Brody's afternoon nap I went out with my friend Nicole for a mid-day run. She's prepping for her 1st half marathon and ran 10 miles! Way to go Nicole. It's so much more fun to go with someone I like to talk with. Think how much oxygen we used up Nic....that right there can shave lots of minutes off!
Shortly after getting home I took Griffin to soccer then promised the girls we could bike to Wendy's, get a movie and go to the park. Mine and T's new bikes are getting some accesories added on/tires changed out....so I had to pull Brody in the trailer on my old crap-ola bike. That wasn't as fun. But he loved it.
Brody cracked me up at the park. He kept going up the stairs and down the slide like this over and over and over.....like a wind-up toy. The funniest part was how he didn't need any assistance and was more mobile and confident than older kids playing there.

Not watching the clock, we barely made it home in time for me to go pick up Griffin from practice. Brody and Griffin took a bath and I started on my duties as the maid of the house. In fact I think I must say it often because Kennedy will reply, "Why am I always the maid?" Pretty much that is my life. Prepare meals, pick up, do laundry, pick up, deep clean, more meals, more picking up....and on and on. Actually I do love to deep clean. Aren't these stylish gloves adorable? I just dont' like picking up all the little trails the girls and especially Brody, leave behind.
Which brings me to something I mentioned earlier about Brody being so adorable when he's dumping out drawers....I'm not lovin' on it as much. It's become a standard the minute he walks into the bathrooms.
After baths and clean-up, it's family scripture time. Griffin is good at reminding me about that and family prayer, especially when I'm so tired I'd rather just get everyone to bed :> This is how it works for the first verse or two......
The others we struggle a bit to get through.
But at the end of the day there is nothing I love more than snuggling up to a clean, chubby little boy who loves his ba-ba and silky almost as much as he loves me! After he's tucked away the kids and I usually have a little party. I pop some kettle korn and sometimes watch a movie with them from when I was a little girl. My favorite recent picks are: Big Business, Return from Witch Mt., Savannah Smiles, The Parent Trap, Moon Spinners, Summer Magic, The Thrill of it all. The latter are Hayley Mills and Doris Day. I love those movies and so do the kids. Now I just need to get off this, put on my headphones and get to cleaning. I'm a night owl and an early riser. Those two are a hard combination!






10 comments:

Lee said...

What a woman! That's a lotta stuff crammed into one day! You need some sit-outside-on-the-swing-and-read-a-good-book time! Don't worry- that day will come soon enough, and then you'll miss all the fun and excitement of little ones.

Annie said...

I need a nap just thinking about a normal 'day in the life'. That picture of Kenna and the scriptures is a classic. I'm really LOL.

Rebecca said...

Brody is so cute even though he is destroying your house. We are just moving into that stage, and I am grumping about it already!

Jord said...

Wow lady, you are the energizer bunny! So nice that you can ride around and be outside...definitely a luxury for us this time of year.

Alicia said...

That was fun to see a day in your life. You are superwoman! I totally remember Nichole and it was fun to see her again. Say Hi to her and Joni for me. Does Joni know what she is having yet? I haven't talked to Pam since we left WA. I'm glad you're keeping in touch. Does she have a blog?

Lindsey said...

Help me Rhonda!! That was a busy day, and it was probably also just a very average day. So is what you're telling me is that my life is going to just get busier from here on out? Then cap in about 15 years and slowly start making it's way back down? As busy as your life is, it's fun to see the rewards you must have all through out the day. You're lucky to have in house picture takers to capture the little moments. Can't wait to see you! Be sure to check out the Pioneer Day link I have on my blog, I think the kids would really like it.

Natalie said...

Stacey! I love the picture of you teaching the spin class. Good for you! We just bought Zach a really nice road bike today, so I thought to myself... if we are spending this much money on a bike for him... I get to have a jogger/bike trailer for me! So we spent too much money but hopefully I can give my kids as much adventure as you give yours... hopefully!

Camas Mom said...

You are the blogging QUEEN! I think you and Nic need to bring all the kids out to The Lodge and we can create my page. I'm not committing to blogging as good as you do, but you do inspire me to at least try. :)

It's really fun visiting your page and keep up with the Lake Family.

Camas Mom said...

camas mom = Jana

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

Love the Day in your Life... It is crazy when we actually get it all down.. Usually I dont realize how much I do unless I document it..

Can I say.. I am so jealous you could do a MID DAY RUN!!! In the SUMMER!!! If I am doing any more than 6 miles I have to start at 4 am.. I don't mind waking up that early but it KILLS me by nightfall.

I love the picture of family scripture time.. the 2nd one is what my family is like the WHOLE time we read. actually they are like that in sacrament too... Sometimes I wonder WHY I BOTHER.. I dont even try listening anymore... I always end up being the ref with all the fighting and poking, trying to be even with who gets to sit by the baby, who has what toy, etc... I am so jealous Chad usually sits up front and passes with the YM so he gets to relax for most of it.

I do believe you are superMOM!!!