Thursday, July 31, 2008

SleepRunning

Last night T and I went to the first of our Broadway Series shows. A Chorus Line. I could give it or take it....more on the give it side. I couldn't fall asleep when I went to bed at midnight, so I read until 1:30 then Brody woke up at 2:00 and 4:30. I told Todd to wake me up as he was leaving for work at 5:20 to run with a group from the club 12 miles. This is the view from a portion of that run looking down on Lacamas Lake. I run from my house and meet them at the golf course, run the 3.5 mile trail along this lake and then a few more loops and back to home. It's a beautiful way to start the morning. No matter how tired I am, once I get going I'm always glad I woke up.
Watching my friend Nicole's kids while she is in NYC I decided to take 5 of the kids to see Charlotte's Web. I volunteered Griffin and Mason to stay home, nap Brody and play PS2. After the movie got out I took the kids home and Griffin babysat all 7 of them, fed them lunch, got Brody up, changed AND had the whole house cleaned/dishes done while I went to 24 hour fitness to do a little wieghts demo for two of my co-workers Jen and Tonya. So appreciative were they to Griffin they paid him $10 for watching all the kids so I could meet them for an hour. He was thrilled!

I promised the girls a little adventure when I got home. We went to play in/around some fountains then to Sonic for Happy Hour fruit slushes.
I got home just in time for Brody's nap #2. He will sometimes cry a bit before falling asleep, so I let him cry it out for awhile. He was inconsolable. I think he knew there were a bunch of girls downstairs having fun and he wanted in! By this time it was getting too late to try to lie him down, but he was still in a state!
Lying down on the floor in a pouty bout of crying or reaching up for me "Ugggg, Ugggg, maaaaa"
Finally he calmed himself. Once we got back from watching Griffin's scrimmage I put the kids to work. I have this system (I use it when I'm going a little crazy)....I start throwing all the (junk) into the middle of whichever room I'm in, making a big pile. Then all I have to say is "that pile better be put away, not hidden away, before I come back in this room". It works like a charm.

Here are four movies I've watched in the last few weeks. Sadly there is only one in which I didn't cry over! (by cry I mean at the least, tears welled up in my eyes and I got verclempt). Penelope, Charlotte's Web, Cars, Steel Magnolia's. Any guesses as to which one it wasn't?

1 comment:

Lee said...

I love your postings on your day to day activities. . . ok lets see which movie didn't you cry on--- cars would be the obvious choice, since those other three could bring a tear to the eye, but i'm going with the less obvious and guessing charlottes web--- please announce which it was- i'll be waiting on pins and needles