Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peachy King

I'm finding that making that list of 10 things I want to get accomplished has really kept me on the ball. Now I must fess up that I did have a giant M&M cookie about 3 days in.....then tonight Todd asked where that cookie I'd saved in the freezer for him went (into my tummy). So to make up for it, and because it was such a Fall-ish day outside, I made my Giant Gingersnap cookies and had a few. But otherwise, yes....sugar fixes can come in many other forms!
I also placed a huge food storage order and canned 2 dozen peaches all by myself....although now I'm wondering if I missed a few steps as I looked at this step-by-step process on-line just now. I just followed the directions a friend gave me. $50 worth of peaches gone bad would not make me happy. I also made 2 dozen bottles of peach/rasp and peach/staw jam which turned out delicious! I haven't gone to bed early AND I'm waking up early....bad combination. My aunt Lee just gave me ideas for more goals involving all sorts of "lists". It's a great post under the Jensen Family. She's full of great ideas! I have a few more goals I like to keep private, but now I see that posting them is probably a way to keep me more accountable :>

The girls and I attended a beautiful wedding a few weeks ago. A friend of mine took pictures with her camera and just sent them to me. Kenna smiles effortlessly, Camdyn wanted them over with!





10 comments:

Alicia said...

The peaches look so yummy! I must confess I haven't canned since we lived in your neighborhood (applesauce), but I did dry pack a few weeks ago. The girls are adorable and I love their hair! Good job, mommy. Oh, and I added a new project on my list. I'm sewing these reversible purses I saw on Martha Stewart, but I can't put that on my blog because I'm giving them as Christmas presents. So it's gotta be a secret.

cjdustin said...

Great job on all of your goals! Except for the cookies. It's so hard! We all have to be passionate about something right. You have a great combination: you are passionate about cookies and exercise--better than cookies and watching TV!

Kylee said...

Those pictures of your girls are darling! I'm glad your goals are keeping you busy, I'm thinking I should have saved mine till after I graduate because I don't really have time for a lot of them. Good luck with the cookie thing!

Lee said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm proud of you for the canning project and the jam! did you do freezer jam? Nothing beats homemade jam! I can't tell you when the last time was that I bought jam. Hang in there with the cookie addiction! The picts of you and the girls are so adorable.

Lindsey said...

Yeah, the goals are a funny thing. Sometimes I look at my list and think I better get crackin! I hope your peaches turn out yummy. I just had a fresh bowl of peaches and boy did it hit the spot. I love the girls dresses and the coordination that is going on amongst the three of you, I know it wasn't on accident :)

Jamie Jo said...

Wow, Stu, I had no idea you knew how to can and make jam. I'm way impressed. Now, I'm also way hungry. Should you send me the instructions? Also, post the recipe for your giant cookies.

Debbie said...

Stac:
We are going to be in Portland this weekend. I don't know how far it is to your place so I'm not sure if we will get a chance to get up that way but if you email me, using my name with not spaces, dots, etc at cox.net and send me your phone number I will give you a call if I can sneak away!! Would love to be able to stop by and say hello.

Chad & Dawn Howey said...

your girls dresses are so cute I LOVE the colors.
Glad others have such a weakness for sugar too. I don't know why I can't get enough of it lately..
I justify eating something bad with running a few extra miles. Hopefully it evens out the calories.

Natalie said...

I love their dresses! SO cute

Rebecca said...

After seeing your hair post, I was stalking and found this. Check out www.shedoeshair.blogspot.com. Cute!